"dacrites's Massachusetts Page" Massachusetts by dacrites
Massachusetts Travel Guide: 7,271 reviews and 16,355 photos
*Please see my Travelogues at the bottom of the page for various MA photos *
Visited Martha's Vineyard, Plymouth, and Salem. Was not overly impressed with Martha's Vineyard. If you are into where the rich & famous hang out, then this is probably the place for you but personally I think it's over rated and over priced! Plymouth was nice to visit. I would love to return someday and visit Nantucket Island.
Above photo was taken in Plymouth.
If you are planning to visit MA, be sure to put Plymouth Plantation on your list of places to see. It's set up to portray life during the time of the pilgrims. It's a 'working' plantation, so people, dressed as pilgrims and Indians, go about doing various jobs...planting, building homes, cooking, etc. They talk the King's English, and really gives you a feel for how life might have been several hundred years ago.
Best dining experience while in MA was in Salem, at Red's Sandwich Shop. It used to be the London Coffee House, ca. 1698, and a meeting place for the patriots before the American Revolution. Found this fact very interesting!
- In a nutshell:Lots of historical things to see and do
I really enjoyed this as it gave a historical dipiction of how the Pilgrims lived. It is a working plantation, which... more travel advice
dacrites' Related Pages
Massachusetts Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Birthplace of America: Massachusetts"
- "Berkshires and Lowell off the beaten path"
- "Massachusettes, so many things to do......"
- "MASSACHUSETTS, USA"
- "From Stockbridge to Boston"
- "The little corner of the globe I call home..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Massachusetts
- Hotels in Massachusetts
- Transportation in Massachusetts
- Nightlife in Massachusetts
- Restaurants in Massachusetts
- Shopping in Massachusetts
- Warnings and Dangers in Massachusetts
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Massachusetts
- 3 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Massachusetts?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Massachusetts
Top 10 Pages
- Wyoming Intro, 8 reviews, 149 photos, 7 travelogues
- Pinedale Intro, 3 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Albuquerque Intro, 9 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Mexico Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Canyon de Chelly National Monument Intro, 1 review, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washington State Intro, 3 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mesa Verde National Park Intro, 1 review, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Antonio Intro, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Massachusetts Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.
Top Massachusetts hotels
- Boston Hotels
- 3741 Reviews - 7868 Photos
- Hull Hotels
- 17 Reviews - 40 Photos
- Provincetown Hotels
- 183 Reviews - 336 Photos
- Danvers Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 29 Photos
- Hyannis Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 41 Photos
- Cambridge Hotels
- 323 Reviews - 584 Photos
- West Yarmouth Hotels
- 2 Reviews
- Medford Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 6 Photos
- South Yarmouth Hotels
- 1 Review
- Lee Hotels
- 3 Reviews
- Fairhaven Hotels
- 5 Hotels
- Dennis Port Hotels
- 1 Review - 3 Photos
- Plymouth Hotels
- 131 Reviews - 239 Photos
- Plum Island Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Chatham Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 58 Photos