"THE GREAT BUDDHA, ( DAIBUTSU )" Top 5 Page for this destination Kamakura by hotshot0428
Kamakura Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 473 photos
Kamakura was once the political and cultural capital of the Shogunate, from 1192 to 1333. It boast a heritage comparable with that of Kyoto and Nara.
Experience the charm of many ancient temples and shrines, including the famous Great Budda statue.
The main street of Kamakura has many restaurants, souvenir shops, some stores that you try to eat before you buy , women wearing in their kimono walk around and many others.
This bronze statue of Amita Buddha was cast in 1252 A.D. by the sculptors Ono-Goroemon and Tanji - Hisatomo at the... more travel advice
By observing and looking the Japanese when inside this temples "they throw money coins, clap their hands twice, they... more travel advice
hotshot0428's Related Pages
Kamakura Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KAMAKURA - A blissful escape from hectic Tokyo!!"
- "Kamakura - Old Military Capital"
- "Smaller than Kyoto but just as grand"
- "THE GREAT BUDDHA, ( DAIBUTSU )"
- "Kamakura - The Great Buddha"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kamakura
- Hotels in Kamakura
- Transportation in Kamakura
- Restaurants in Kamakura
- Shopping in Kamakura
- Warnings and Dangers in Kamakura
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kamakura
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kamakura?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kamakura
Photos in KamakuraSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Vancouver Intro, 20 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yokohama Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Akita-ken Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Hakone Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boracay Island Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kamakura Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ixtapa Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kawagoe Intro, 1 review, 2 photos