"Yokohama, International and Port Future City" Top 5 Page for this destination Yokohama by hotshot0428
Yokohama Travel Guide: 311 reviews and 962 photos
One hundred and forty-three years have passed since Yokohama opened its port to the world after 250 years of isolation. From a mere fishing village of 600 inhabitants into a leading cosmopolitan port city with nearly 3.5 million people.
Yokohama is home to more than 100,000 businesses. The second most populated city in Japan after Tokyo. Modern skyscrapers rise out of the Minato Mirai 21 waterfront area including a yacht sail-like building gleaming white against the blue sea and skies.
Yokohama has a Chinatown that dates back more than 140 years, when Chinese working at the port settled into the neighboring streets. Hamakkos (native Yokohama-ite) are equally open-minded, welcoming goods, people and information from elsewhere and digesting them all to create a new and original culture.
Sky Garden at the Landmark Tower there an admission fee for adults/ over high school student 1000 yen, high school... more travel advice
- Around Yokohama Station
- A Gifts............
- Just bring a lot of money (Yen) with...
- See All Souveniers
hotshot0428's Related Pages
Yokohama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Minato Mirai"
- "I would live in that Japanese city"
- "Yokohama, International and Port Future City"
- "Rebecca_jp's new Yokohama Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yokohama
- Hotels in Yokohama
- Transportation in Yokohama
- Nightlife in Yokohama
- Restaurants in Yokohama
- Shopping in Yokohama
- Warnings and Dangers in Yokohama
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yokohama
- 17 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Yokohama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yokohama
Photos in YokohamaSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Vancouver Intro, 20 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yokohama Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos
- Akita-ken Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Hakone Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boracay Island Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kamakura Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ixtapa Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kawagoe Intro, 1 review, 2 photos