"The home of "Pooke Rabbit"" PookieRabbit's Profile

Welcome to my home page...

After a quick note I remembered I should really make an effort to get my home page up and running.
First off a quick note about "PookieRabbit". Pookie Rabbit needless to say isnt my real name. Its our house rabbit (although like me she loves the outdoors too - sunbathing here). Anyway I will try and explain some of the things I like to do when home and abroad..

The "lads" weekend break...

This is the first type of weekend away or city break. This year we visited the beer festival in Stuttgart and previous jaunts have included trips to Dublin, Barcelona, Berlin, Madrid, Stockholm, Helsinki and Tallinn. A typical day would include clubbing until 4 or 5 in the morning, bed until dinner time, walking around town with a hangover for a couple of hours, siesta, food and then drinking again. A museum is never visited and any cultural stuff go's out the window.

The "girlfriend" weekend break

A totally different proposition to the above. A weekend break with the girlfriend includes proper sightseeing, shopping, shopping and shopping (get the idea)..
Recent trips include Madrid, Bilbao and San Sebastian.

The "camping" weekend break..

This is the weekend where we set off at 6 on a Friday evening with just a tent for company (if we can find a "rabbit sitter"). In a couple of hours we can be in the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales or Moors.

Sports travel "surfing"

I love sports that give you more reasons to travel. I surf (badly) but it gives me reason to go camping in the South West of England (Cornwall). Also I work 5 minutes from the surf so when the nights are light its down to the beach..
I can also promise you the sea is bloody cold in December..

Sports travel "snowboarding"

If I am even worse that surfing at something its snowboarding. Did it for the first time in Andorra last year and came back with bruises from head to foot. Going to punish myself again in Austria (March) and hopefully somewhere in Scandinavia a little later in the year.

Sports travel "rugby league"

I dont play anymore but we get the chance to follow my team (Hull FC) play around the country. Once a year we go watch the team play in London (against the Broncos) and in 2005 Perpignan (France) are joining the league so thats another weekend away...

• Intro Updated Dec 19, 2004

• SORHUS's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2007 at 4:13 AM

wish you and yours a merry christmas and a happy new year ( god jul og et godt nytt år)

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2005 at 10:05 AM

Happy Birthday from sunny California!

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2005 at 5:11 AM

Hi pookie, happy birthday to another ex-player (although I played Union). Have a good one. fergy.

• evona's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2005 at 11:01 AM

Happy birthday. Greetings from Poland :)

• edvin_br's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2005 at 3:52 AM

Happy Birthday!!! Greeting from sunny Israel.... :)

• ZenLady34's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2005 at 4:30 AM

hello PookieRabbit! lol nice name :-)

• hasthetravelbug's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2004 at 7:19 PM

Thanks for the feedback on my Northern Ireland page.. IF you're into surfing you can do it in Northern Ireland! See ya!

• Maria_75's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2004 at 3:09 PM

Great update here. Loved your notes on the different kinds of travels! ;) Hope you will have a great time skiing, no matter where you end up... :) Maria.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!