"The home of "Pooke Rabbit"" PookieRabbit's Profile
After a quick note I remembered I should really make an effort to get my home page up and running.
First off a quick note about "PookieRabbit". Pookie Rabbit needless to say isnt my real name. Its our house rabbit (although like me she loves the outdoors too - sunbathing here). Anyway I will try and explain some of the things I like to do when home and abroad..
This is the first type of weekend away or city break. This year we visited the beer festival in Stuttgart and previous jaunts have included trips to Dublin, Barcelona, Berlin, Madrid, Stockholm, Helsinki and Tallinn. A typical day would include clubbing until 4 or 5 in the morning, bed until dinner time, walking around town with a hangover for a couple of hours, siesta, food and then drinking again. A museum is never visited and any cultural stuff go's out the window.
A totally different proposition to the above. A weekend break with the girlfriend includes proper sightseeing, shopping, shopping and shopping (get the idea)..
Recent trips include Madrid, Bilbao and San Sebastian.
This is the weekend where we set off at 6 on a Friday evening with just a tent for company (if we can find a "rabbit sitter"). In a couple of hours we can be in the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales or Moors.
I love sports that give you more reasons to travel. I surf (badly) but it gives me reason to go camping in the South West of England (Cornwall). Also I work 5 minutes from the surf so when the nights are light its down to the beach..
I can also promise you the sea is bloody cold in December..
If I am even worse that surfing at something its snowboarding. Did it for the first time in Andorra last year and came back with bruises from head to foot. Going to punish myself again in Austria (March) and hopefully somewhere in Scandinavia a little later in the year.
I dont play anymore but we get the chance to follow my team (Hull FC) play around the country. Once a year we go watch the team play in London (against the Broncos) and in 2005 Perpignan (France) are joining the league so thats another weekend away...
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 139 Reviews
- 125 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 20 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- PookieRabbit and SORHUS are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Lillehammer Forum "Snowboarding (Lillehammer /Hafjell)"
- updated a Narbonne Travel Page "Narbonne - for Rugby League.."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Narbonne - for Rugby League.."
- Wrote a Review Train station in Narbonne Transportation
- Commented on one of MrBill's Garmisch-Partenkirchen travel pages
updated their Profile Page "The home of "Pooke Rabbit""
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 24 reviews, 21 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Oslo Intro, 15 reviews, 9 photos
- San Sebastián Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- San Antonio Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Devon Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Bilbao 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22479 Reviews - 55020 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2028 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3098 Reviews - 5880 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos