United Kingdom Favorite Tips by caprice4u2
United Kingdom Favorites: 610 reviews and 424 photos
Favorite thing: <font size =3>
<font color=blue> <BR>
Awww, brings tears to the old eyes, it does...this was the first School that I attended as a wee bairn, a sprog, a nipper a kid..
This was indeed in the days where my family had a bit of cash..as such it was a fee paying School, which quite frankly goes against the grain to me now, but I have to say this school gave me a really good grounding..bearing in mind that it was in the late 60's early 70's that i was a very small human being, this School was great in that it was very mixed Racially and the difference between this School and the others I was later thrown into, was that acceptance was the norm, the common denominator was that mummy and daddies had a couple of quid in their pocket...
As I say, i did love this School, but it certainly didn't prepare you for the 'real' world. I was catapulted out of this social and educational arena without warning and thrust into the unwelcoming arms of state education where I was considered somewhat a freak, our financial situation had plumited and the plumb in the mouth didnt sit pretty...
i recall one kid saying to me on my first day in my new school, oy, you gor any 'spice'...now being little miss fontleroy (spelling there looks mighty suspicious..but anyway) I assumed that the lad was asking me to give him some kinda food accessory...alas and alack, foiled again..this term means SWEETS in t'north...I learned quick people, I learned quick...do or die, do or die.. 'fe real'
Fondest memory: <font size=3>
<BR>I loved and hated seeing my mum coming into school during the day, you know when you get that slow painful stirring of the soul when you see someone you love, but they are inaccesible...well this was how I felt when my mum had to visit School for something or other (probably unpaid school bills c/o daddy, in retrospect!)
The other thing I associate with the School and my mum, is the characatured shape of her hair in the car, kind of Milly Molly Mandy style , if you know that book, we could identify our car from 3 miles with that wonderful sillouette..
I do apologise my spelling has degenerated and all looks wrong... any way...Love that woman, my mamma xxx (I sound like Elvis!, I AM Elvis..no, thats actually a lie ;-0
Favorite thing: <center>
Now then...if you are feeling hungry as you read on, this may just cure your desire for food....yes, its a Colleen special...something alluding to Pizza and some other things to fill the plate!
Favorite thing: <center>
Great newspaper for job opportunities and news* (obviously*) :-)
Favorite thing: nice and green, watered daily, nice and green...
Favorite thing: <font size=3>Go 'Up North'... I know most visitors to England might feel that London is the place to go if you are to experience the 'real England'... London is fab in small doses (my opinion oh southern pals), I used to visit every other weekend and this was great, I was able to jump on the extremely fast conveyor belt on a friday night and jump off again on sunday...
Oh yes...in England we do not all wear bowler hats and carry umbrella's...actually no, we do carry umbrella's!
Fondest memory: <font color=green>
<BR>I forgot to mention that I do speak with some experience, I lived in London, having achieved a Place at Kingston Polytechnic to study Art... A very strange time for me....
More Reviews (10)
- See All Bear in mind that ok, you are...
- Sorry, had to use this pic, I...
- Its true..we watch TOO...
- Fabuloso places in this...
caprice4u2's Related Pages
United Kingdom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Firas in Wonderland"
- "My U.K. - a home I love very dearly."
- "United Kingdom Adventure"
- "A Taste of Real Britain - Tourist Information"
- "UNITED KINGDOM"
- "Jet Ski!"
- "Christmas 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United Kingdom
- Hotels in United Kingdom
- Transportation in United Kingdom
- Nightlife in United Kingdom
- Restaurants in United Kingdom
- Shopping in United Kingdom
- Warnings and Dangers in United Kingdom
- See All...
Explore the World
- Radford Hotels
- Ludo Hotels
- Manhattan Beach
- Odessa Hotels
- Departamento de Chalatenango
- `Awali Hotels
Badges & Stats in United Kingdom
- 86 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to United Kingdom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United Kingdom
Top 10 Pages
- Manchester Intro, 54 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Jamaica Intro, 20 reviews, 12 photos
- Sheffield Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Naples Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Europe Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Canary Islands Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Montego Bay Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Cuba Intro, 8 reviews, 1 photo
Top United Kingdom hotels
- London Hotels
- 23062 Reviews - 47262 Photos
- Manchester Hotels
- 1714 Reviews - 3887 Photos
- York Hotels
- 1617 Reviews - 3908 Photos
- Blackpool Hotels
- 476 Reviews - 889 Photos
- Bournemouth Hotels
- 206 Reviews - 441 Photos
- Glasgow Hotels
- 1218 Reviews - 1967 Photos
- Edinburgh Hotels
- 3356 Reviews - 6585 Photos
- Aberdeen Hotels
- 486 Reviews - 884 Photos
- Torquay Hotels
- 141 Reviews - 229 Photos
- Llandudno Hotels
- 245 Reviews - 476 Photos
- Eastbourne Hotels
- 94 Reviews - 187 Photos
- Birmingham Hotels
- 803 Reviews - 1309 Photos
- Bristol Hotels
- 745 Reviews - 1659 Photos
- Chester Hotels
- 470 Reviews - 1157 Photos
- Liverpool Hotels
- 1248 Reviews - 2164 Photos