"Colleen talks" United Kingdom by caprice4u2
United Kingdom Travel Guide: 92,806 reviews and 218,564 photos
<font size=3>UNDER CONSTRUCTION.....
The thing that strikes me about this my country, is that ...it is small, it is pretty insignificant in the whole scheme of things geographically...so why are we so self important.
England certainly has many beautiful places, but, like so many places the divide between rich and poor is too unbalanced. They say that the class system no longer exists, but I believe it is there by the virtue of the inherent inequalities, largely based on socio economic factors, and socio political impact.
All said and done, when you compare what we have to other people, we are all quite rich here, we have a benefits system and the National Health Service..but I suppose whinging about your 'lot' is all relative to what you know..
One thing that makes me really ashamed is our lack of commitment to learning other languages, we accept that many other countries WILL speak English, so why bother...(not all of us obviously)...as such I aim to re-learn the languages they attempted to teach at School, but this time properly..somehow the languages we are taught in School don't seem to have enough importance placed on them to be retainable..as such we get lazy and forget..
There are many good points of England and I apologise for any negativity towards my Country, but I am not patriotic.. there are many aspects of our systems I do not agree with, but also some I do.. So I apologise now, I am unlikely to talk about the royal family, or indeed the many typical tourist attractions, although I will if prompted talk for hours about the local supermarket, youth sub culture though and social inclusion;-)
Bear in mind that ok, you are in the UK, but the people from area to area, town to town Country to Country differ..so... more travel advice
Now call me a misery guts if you like...but I cannot abhore this adopted event..'Trick 'a' treating...and Halloween...... more travel advice
- Its true..we watch TOO...
- Fabuloso places in this...
- England...oh England land of...
caprice4u2's Related Pages
United Kingdom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Firas in Wonderland"
- "My U.K. - a home I love very dearly."
- "United Kingdom Adventure"
- "A Taste of Real Britain - Tourist Information"
- "UNITED KINGDOM"
- "Jet Ski!"
- "Christmas 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United Kingdom
- Hotels in United Kingdom
- Transportation in United Kingdom
- Nightlife in United Kingdom
- Restaurants in United Kingdom
- Shopping in United Kingdom
- Warnings and Dangers in United Kingdom
- See All...
Badges & Stats in United Kingdom
- 86 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to United Kingdom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United Kingdom
Top 10 Pages
- Manchester Intro, 54 reviews, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Jamaica Intro, 20 reviews, 12 photos
- Sheffield Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Naples Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Europe Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Canary Islands Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Montego Bay Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Cuba Intro, 8 reviews, 1 photo
Top United Kingdom hotels
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Manchester Hotels
- 1714 Reviews - 3887 Photos
- York Hotels
- 1617 Reviews - 3908 Photos
- Blackpool Hotels
- 476 Reviews - 889 Photos
- Bournemouth Hotels
- 206 Reviews - 441 Photos
- Aberdeen Hotels
- 486 Reviews - 884 Photos
- Glasgow Hotels
- 1218 Reviews - 1967 Photos
- Edinburgh Hotels
- 3356 Reviews - 6585 Photos
- Torquay Hotels
- 141 Reviews - 229 Photos
- Llandudno Hotels
- 245 Reviews - 476 Photos
- Eastbourne Hotels
- 94 Reviews - 187 Photos
- Birmingham Hotels
- 803 Reviews - 1309 Photos
- Bristol Hotels
- 745 Reviews - 1659 Photos
- Chester Hotels
- 470 Reviews - 1157 Photos
- Liverpool Hotels
- 1248 Reviews - 2164 Photos