Germany Things to Do Tips by Mandy23
Germany Things to Do: 1,240 reviews and 2,067 photos
If you have the time, I'd really recommend to visit Berlin. I just love the mixture of old historical and new modern buildings, the variety of museums, restaurants and cultural events.
If your time is limited but you wanna see a few 'main attractions', take the bus #100. It's a regular bus but it passes by many of the main sights. It's also much cheaper than taking one of the tour busses.
You can use the link below to check for timetables.
There's always something going on in Germany, in the small villages as well as big cities. I'll write down a few popular events, maybe you are interested in one or another. It's just a little selection out of so many but it will give you a little impression.
08-Mar-2006 - 12-Mar-2006 International tourism trade fair in Berlin
09-Mar-2006 - 15-Mar-2006 CeBiT in Hannover
23-Apr-2006 Fleet Parade 2006 in Potsdam
16-May-2006 - 21-May-2006 ILA International air- and space travel exhibition in Berlin
02-Jun-2006 - 05-Jun-2006 Carnival of Cultures in Berlin
09-Jun-2006 - 09-Jul-2006 FIFA World Cup Germany
15-Jun-2006 - 09-Jul-2006 Tollwood Summerfestival in Munich
16-Jun-2006 - 16-Jul-2006 German-French-Fair in Berlin
20-Jun-2006 Dresden Symphony Orchestra open-air concert - "Skyscraper Symphony" and "Battleship Potemkin" with the Pet Shop Boys in Dresden
08-Jul-2006 - 20-Aug-2006 Sand'Art - North Sea Festival in Butjadingen (Lower-Saxony)
15-Jul-2006 Loveparade 2006 in Berlin
28-Jul-2006 - 20-Aug-2006 German-American Fair in Berlin
28-Jul-2006 - 30-Jul-2006 Black Forest festival 2006 in Schluchsee (Baden-Wuerttemberg)
11-Aug-2006 - 13-Aug-2006 Old town festival in Celle
23-Sep-2006 - 08-Oct-2006 161. Cannstatter Volksfest (161st Cannstatt Fair) in Stuttgart
27-Sep-2006 - 01-Oct-2006 HipHop Worldchampionship in Bremen
27-Nov-2006 - Dec-2006 Christmas markets all over Germany
The period between November 11 and Ash-Wednesday - is the "Fifth Season of the Year." It begins on the 11th day of the 11th month at exactly 11 minutes past 11 o'clock in the morning *smile* This is when the Karneval Honor Guard - at least in the Rhineland, in Cologne, Bonn or Mainz -marches up. The jesters are drawn into the street, where they have one day to revel in pleasant anticipation. Then it's over again for a while, but only for outsiders. In carnival clubs, street and neighborhood groups, there are now regular meetings and activities, as the preparations for " the crazy days", are in full swing. After the official initiation in November, Karneval begins on New Year's Day or immediately following Twelfth Night (the Festival of the Three Kings), on January 6, and ends with Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. At those jolly-good-time parties, dances and balls, folks wear "Kappen" (fools caps), masks, costumes etc. Well, but in my
federal state, carninval isnt that big ;-) But for example carnival in Cologne is bigger, noisier and merrier than ever.
More Reviews (27)
- See All Hands on the table at all times?
- photo equipment
- See All Extra hours to shop
- Fuel prices at record levels
Mandy23's Related Pages
Germany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where to go and what to see !"
- "Germany - my beautiful home country :-)"
- "Germany on a Budget from an Insider"
- "Breweries, Hikes and Climbs"
- "Paul's Germany Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Germany
- Hotels in Germany
- Transportation in Germany
- Nightlife in Germany
- Restaurants in Germany
- Shopping in Germany
- Warnings and Dangers in Germany
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pierrefonds Hotels
- Zimbabwe Hotels
- Sanibel Island
- Monterosso al Mare
- Tai Po Hotels
- Isola Palmarola Hotels
Badges & Stats in Germany
- 244 Reviews
- 241 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 19 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Germany
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 73 reviews, 83 photos, 6 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 18 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 30 reviews, 16 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 16 photos
- Rancho Cucamonga Intro, 34 reviews, 7 photos
- Friedersdorf Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cologne 19 reviews, 18 photos
- Königs Wusterhausen Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucerne Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
Top Germany hotels
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- Munich Hotels
- 4322 Reviews - 10033 Photos
- Cologne Hotels
- 1609 Reviews - 4011 Photos
- Düsseldorf Hotels
- 951 Reviews - 2159 Photos
- Hamburg Hotels
- 1466 Reviews - 3484 Photos
- Frankfurt am Main Hotels
- 1733 Reviews - 3744 Photos
- Leipzig Hotels
- 515 Reviews - 1102 Photos
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 1105 Photos
- Nürnberg Hotels
- 932 Reviews - 3138 Photos
- Mainz Hotels
- 323 Reviews - 738 Photos
- Stuttgart Hotels
- 615 Reviews - 1596 Photos
- Hannover Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 2124 Photos
- Trier Hotels
- 580 Reviews - 1449 Photos
- Flensburg Hotels
- 36 Reviews - 59 Photos
- Koblenz Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 821 Photos