Germany Things to Do Tips by Mandy23
Germany Things to Do: 1,230 reviews and 2,010 photos
If you have the time, I'd really recommend to visit Berlin. I just love the mixture of old historical and new modern buildings, the variety of museums, restaurants and cultural events.
If your time is limited but you wanna see a few 'main attractions', take the bus #100. It's a regular bus but it passes by many of the main sights. It's also much cheaper than taking one of the tour busses.
You can use the link below to check for timetables.
There's always something going on in Germany, in the small villages as well as big cities. I'll write down a few popular events, maybe you are interested in one or another. It's just a little selection out of so many but it will give you a little impression.
08-Mar-2006 - 12-Mar-2006 International tourism trade fair in Berlin
09-Mar-2006 - 15-Mar-2006 CeBiT in Hannover
23-Apr-2006 Fleet Parade 2006 in Potsdam
16-May-2006 - 21-May-2006 ILA International air- and space travel exhibition in Berlin
02-Jun-2006 - 05-Jun-2006 Carnival of Cultures in Berlin
09-Jun-2006 - 09-Jul-2006 FIFA World Cup Germany
15-Jun-2006 - 09-Jul-2006 Tollwood Summerfestival in Munich
16-Jun-2006 - 16-Jul-2006 German-French-Fair in Berlin
20-Jun-2006 Dresden Symphony Orchestra open-air concert - "Skyscraper Symphony" and "Battleship Potemkin" with the Pet Shop Boys in Dresden
08-Jul-2006 - 20-Aug-2006 Sand'Art - North Sea Festival in Butjadingen (Lower-Saxony)
15-Jul-2006 Loveparade 2006 in Berlin
28-Jul-2006 - 20-Aug-2006 German-American Fair in Berlin
28-Jul-2006 - 30-Jul-2006 Black Forest festival 2006 in Schluchsee (Baden-Wuerttemberg)
11-Aug-2006 - 13-Aug-2006 Old town festival in Celle
23-Sep-2006 - 08-Oct-2006 161. Cannstatter Volksfest (161st Cannstatt Fair) in Stuttgart
27-Sep-2006 - 01-Oct-2006 HipHop Worldchampionship in Bremen
27-Nov-2006 - Dec-2006 Christmas markets all over Germany
The period between November 11 and Ash-Wednesday - is the "Fifth Season of the Year." It begins on the 11th day of the 11th month at exactly 11 minutes past 11 o'clock in the morning *smile* This is when the Karneval Honor Guard - at least in the Rhineland, in Cologne, Bonn or Mainz -marches up. The jesters are drawn into the street, where they have one day to revel in pleasant anticipation. Then it's over again for a while, but only for outsiders. In carnival clubs, street and neighborhood groups, there are now regular meetings and activities, as the preparations for " the crazy days", are in full swing. After the official initiation in November, Karneval begins on New Year's Day or immediately following Twelfth Night (the Festival of the Three Kings), on January 6, and ends with Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. At those jolly-good-time parties, dances and balls, folks wear "Kappen" (fools caps), masks, costumes etc. Well, but in my
federal state, carninval isnt that big ;-) But for example carnival in Cologne is bigger, noisier and merrier than ever.
More Reviews (27)
- See All Hands on the table at all times?
- photo equipment
- See All Extra hours to shop
- Fuel prices at record levels
Mandy23's Related Pages
Germany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where to go and what to see !"
- "Discover Germany’s incredible diversity"
- "Germany on a Budget from an Insider"
- "Paul's Germany Page"
- "Breweries, Hikes and Climbs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Germany
- Hotels in Germany
- Transportation in Germany
- Nightlife in Germany
- Restaurants in Germany
- Shopping in Germany
- Warnings and Dangers in Germany
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Germany
- 244 Reviews
- 241 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 19 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Germany
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 73 reviews, 83 photos, 6 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 18 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Germany Intro, 30 reviews, 16 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 16 photos
- Rancho Cucamonga Intro, 34 reviews, 7 photos
- Friedersdorf Intro, 14 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Norway Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- Cologne 19 reviews, 18 photos
- Königs Wusterhausen Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lucerne Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
Top Germany hotels
- Berlin Hotels
- 6874 Reviews - 15326 Photos
- Munich Hotels
- 4309 Reviews - 9909 Photos
- Frankfurt am Main Hotels
- 1666 Reviews - 3682 Photos
- Düsseldorf Hotels
- 950 Reviews - 2162 Photos
- Cologne Hotels
- 1607 Reviews - 3988 Photos
- Hamburg Hotels
- 1452 Reviews - 3459 Photos
- Stuttgart Hotels
- 612 Reviews - 1569 Photos
- Nürnberg Hotels
- 880 Reviews - 2990 Photos
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Hotels
- 320 Reviews - 1065 Photos
- Karlsruhe Hotels
- 895 Reviews - 4115 Photos
- Dresden Hotels
- 1205 Reviews - 3542 Photos
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Hotels
- 585 Reviews - 1823 Photos
- Koblenz Hotels
- 346 Reviews - 821 Photos
- Fussen Hotels
- 130 Reviews - 479 Photos
- Würzburg Hotels
- 353 Reviews - 1186 Photos