"Germany - my roots" Germany by Mandy23

Germany Travel Guide: 57,019 reviews and 167,794 photos

I am now a resident in the U.S., but Germany is where my roots are. I am a German citizen and was born in this beautiful country. If it wouldn't have been for the love of my life who is American, I would still live in Germany. I was actually born in the East Germany, the former "DDR" (Deutsche Demokratische Republik). Even though I was relatively young, I do remember the fall of The Wall very well and the following re-unification of east and west Germany. An event so special, will always be one of my strongest memories.

• In a nutshell:bustling big cities, idyllic rural areas, 1,000 year-old cultural monuments and high-tech industrial plants, lowlands and mountains, culture and commerce, science and folklore
  • Last visit to Germany: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 16, 2006

• Jun 5, 2007 at 6:56 AM

They think that you are playing with yourself under the table and find it rude.

• lamsterz's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2006 at 10:00 AM

The phrases are GREAT!

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2006 at 6:12 AM

Hi Mandy, Meny thanks that you stop on my Tunisia page. It will be my pleasure if you can come to Slovenia indeed.Your page is really very nice and very interesting.

• royalempress's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2006 at 10:55 AM

Loved this page! Mike

• Feb 24, 2006 at 10:05 PM

Hi Mandy, Thank you for viewing my Cape Town Page and the kind comment. I enjoyed your Germany Page. Especially the tip on the wedding customs. Enjoy the weekend!

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2004 at 3:00 AM

on gargabe separation: I'm a lawyer by training and profession, but I find myself often in front of this choice of trash cans trying to figure out what goes where. I've had cases that were easier to solve!!!!

• gcmm's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2004 at 6:02 AM

germany looks like a great place..

• Mar 19, 2004 at 8:00 AM

Hello Mandy,Great site! Thanks for the German cities web sites. All The Best,Matt

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2003 at 3:58 AM

Seen the German carnival in Bonn years ago and loved it! Thanx for commenting on my Lublin page :-)

• FinCH's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2003 at 12:01 AM

Hi Mandy. Thx for the visit. Your tips on Local Costums are very helpful. "If Germans choose to do something they do it properly = ] FinCH

Mandy23 Used To Live Here!

Mandy23

“Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness.”

Badges & Stats in Germany

Have you been to Germany?

Latest Activity in Germany