"A perfect day by Ivan the Terrible" Aleksandrov by Lalique
Aleksandrov Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 193 photos
Aleksandrov - the town of vital importance to the overall Russian history, it was turned into capital of Russia during the ruling of Ivan IV (or Ivan the Terrible as he's better known) and served as that for 20 years.
Modern Aleksandrov is famous for Aleksandrovskaya Sloboda, an open air/indoor museum and acting nunnery at the same time, which served as Kremlin several centuries ago.
Initiallly Ivan IV built it as a country residince, but for construction invited the best Italian architects, those who helped to build Moscow Kremlin. Later on this place became the kurnel of Tsarists ruling playing extremely important role in the Russian history.
More historical and other information you can read on the following site.
And I'll switch on to my own observations.
We went to Aleksandrov on a very beutiful day, it was the end of Winter but vicinity of Spring was in the air - clear skies, rather warm temperature and that soft wind, which brings the scent of waking up and starting to bloom nature....
Alexandrov as some other cities in the Moscow vicinity has still retained its old spirit by the way of preserving the... more travel advice
This is one of the toweres in the wall surrounding Sloboda with the Trumpeting Angel on the very top. This decoration is... more travel advice
Lalique's Related Pages
Aleksandrov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alexandrova Sloboda and Alexandrov"
- "A perfect day by Ivan the Terrible"
- "Aleksandrov - capital of Ivan Grozny"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aleksandrov
- Transportation in Aleksandrov
- Shopping in Aleksandrov
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aleksandrov
- 13 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Aleksandrov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aleksandrov
Photos in AleksandrovSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 44 reviews, 43 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Velikiy Novgorod Intro, 25 reviews, 24 photos
- Kuskovo Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Brussels Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Madrid Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toledo Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Tampere Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos