"The "younger brother" of Moscow" Dmitrov by Lalique
Dmitrov Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 200 photos
That's how Dmitrov is usually called ("the younger brother"), coz Moscow and Dmitrov have the same founder - Prince Yury Dolgorukyi and Dmitrov is just a couple of years younger than Moscow. The city was found in 1154 and named after Vsevolod (babtised as Dmitryi), a younger son of Dolgorukyi.
Well, enough of history, back to the trip.
Dmitrov is rather close to Moscow, about 65 kms away, so it's very easy to reach.
However despite that the city is called the younger brother of Moscow, you will never find there anything alike Moscow, this comparison has to do mainly with the time of foundation....
.... and again I'm hitting the road at the wheel of my "cutie" :))) the weather is nasty - occasional showers and cold wind - but nothing can stop me, even this long traffic jam in the countryside....
Later on I figured out that the long and slow moving queue of cars was caused by a very severe car crash, on a slippery road three cars "met" each other, one of which was moving in the opposite direction....
- In a nutshell:Nice runaway for a day
On the way between Moscow and Dmitrov there is museum of the famous Russian tank, T-34. Unfortunately I'm not sure how... more travel advice
What ancestors left to us..... the writing on the wall, it dates no later than XVII century... well, I can hardly call... more travel advice
Lalique's Related Pages
Dmitrov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dmitrov near Moscow"
- "The "younger brother" of Moscow"
- "DMITROV - the Younger Brother of Moscow"
- ""4 Crowns and Crosses""
- See All...
Explore the World
- Massamá Hotels
- San Pellegrino Terme
- Rocky Mountain House
- Nograd Megye
- Duckabush Hotels
- West Covina Hotels
- Milos Island
- San Antonio Aguas Calientes
- Incline Village
- Silanguin Island Hotels
- Guizhou Sheng Hotels
- Colleville-sur-Mer Hotels
- Narechenski Bani
- Trentino-Alto Adige
Badges & Stats in Dmitrov
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Dmitrov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dmitrov
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 44 reviews, 43 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Velikiy Novgorod Intro, 25 reviews, 24 photos
- Kuskovo Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Brussels Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Madrid Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toledo Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Tampere Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos