"Miss American Pie" Kuskovo by Lalique
Kuskovo Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 63 photos
Somehow, by a mistake I guess, which soon will be corrected, Kuskovo was placed in Moscow region section, but it IS Moscow. It is very well known estate, which belonged to Count Sheremetiev family, however the reason I write about it is not the mistake.
This estate from time to time serves not only historical but commercial aims as well, i.e. big companies and banks rent it from time to time to hold corporate parties there (my ex employer btw did it), apart from that this place hosts annual celebration of American Independence day (1st WE after 4th of July), which is rather popular among those (Americans and mostly non-Americans), who are somehow involved in the busines with foreign companies and banks in Moscow plus some inavitable percentage of Russian girls, who still dream of a foreign prince.... :))))
The program of the even is rather standard for every year:
- sport (in the begining) - compitition of defferent companies/banks sport teams in football, volleyball, softball, etc.
- eating, dreanking - non-stop throughout the whole event
- some entertainment
- a live concert of one of the Russian popular bands
But let me tell you a couple of words about the estate itself before you plunge into the maddness.....
This Estated dates back to XVIII C. It served as Summer residence for Count Sheremtiev family and was desined for sumptuous receptions, mass theatrical performances and parties. Till nowadays survived more than 20 architecutral memorabilias, among them are the Palace, Grotto, The Bis Sotne Green house, old church, etc. However the heart of the Estate is ofcourse the Palace itself, where one can find a plenty of exhibites (china, portraits, furniture, etc.), which either belonged to Sheremetiev family or date back to the century they lived.
- From October 16 till April 14 from 10.00 till 16.00
- From April 15 till october 15 from 10.00 till 18.00 (exept for Mo, Tu and last We)
Ticket office is closed 1 hr prior to Museum closing.
It finally started.... the first volleys, the first sparkling color umbrellars of fireworks in the yet blue sky, peoples... more travel advice
Lalique's Related Pages
Kuskovo Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kuskovo
- 19 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Kuskovo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuskovo
Photos in KuskovoSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 44 reviews, 43 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Velikiy Novgorod Intro, 25 reviews, 24 photos
- Kuskovo Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Brussels Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Madrid Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toledo Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Tampere Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos