"Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy" Top 5 Page for this destination Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy by Lalique
Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 125 photos
<b>Pereslavl-Zalessky (PZ) is 75km to the north of Moscow. Was found in the begining of XII century, then in XIII century it was almost destroyed by Mongolian invadors, in XIV century the town was annexed to Moscow principality.
On the PZ Emblem you can see fish, these are "golden herrings" which shows that the main production industry was smoked fish. Even nowadays one can buy in the town market delicious fish, which still is the speciality of the region, this type of fish you won't find anywhere.
PZ stands on Plescheevo lake and it's history closely connected with Peter the Great. It was on Plescheevo lake where Peter first build and practiced the future flotilla of Russia.</b>
As majority old Russian towns PZ had a lot of monastries, the biggest part of them were demolished or restructured and... more travel advice
The small river Trubezh flows through provincial town of PZ and into Plescheyevo lake. It's nice to stroll along the... more travel advice
Lalique's Related Pages
Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The town towering by the domes"
- "Pereslavl Zalessky"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy
- Hotels in Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy
- Transportation in Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy
- Restaurants in Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy
- Shopping in Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy
- Warnings and Dangers in Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy
- 7 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pereslavl'-Zalesskiy
Photos in Pereslavl'-ZalesskiySee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 44 reviews, 43 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Velikiy Novgorod Intro, 25 reviews, 24 photos
- Kuskovo Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Brussels Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Madrid Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toledo Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Tampere Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos