"Tula" Tula by Lalique
Tula Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 98 photos
City of Tula is located about 190 km to the South-East of Moscow. The city was founded sometime in the X cent., maybe even earlier but the first written witness of Tula existence dates back to 1146 year. Most likely Tula got its name from the river Tulitsa which flows nearby.
As most of Russian old towns Tula has long and interesting history being as well a source of a lot of steretypes which came from main art crafts and idustry being developed in the region, among are the most known - "Tul'sky pryanik" (a special type of backery product), "Tul'sky samovar" and Tula gun (historically well developed armourer production).
THE PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
There are plenty of places to eat in the center of Tula. Just opposite the Kremlin accross the big square starts one of... more travel advice
Lalique's Related Pages
Tula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming old russian town near Moscow"
- "Town of 'Samovars' and 'prainiki'"
- "Zaoksky: Tula, Russia"
- "Tula samovars"
- "Russian Switzerland"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tula
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Tula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tula
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 44 reviews, 43 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Velikiy Novgorod Intro, 25 reviews, 24 photos
- Kuskovo Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Brussels Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Madrid Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toledo Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Tampere Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos