"Coloured and sweet" Villajoyosa by Lalique
Villajoyosa Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 55 photos
Villajoyosa (or Villa Joiosa), which literally means "the jewel town", is about 10 kms from Benidorm on the Costa Blanca and situated at the mouth of the River Sella and is the main town of the La Marina region. The town is a much older town than Benidorm and the locals say that it is close enough to Benidorm whilst being far enough away! The town stretches out along side a sandy beach, bordered with palm trees and ends at its fishing port.
As well as tourism, Villajoyosa is the home of fishermen and chocolate-makers, a strange combination but both of which are deeply rooted in the City's history.
Villajoyosa is also known as the 'chocolate town' and is world famous for its traditional turrón and spanish chocolate... more travel advice
Lalique's Related Pages
Villajoyosa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The city of colors"
- "Coloured and sweet"
- "Villajoyosa, Pearl of the Mediterranean"
- "Why Villajoyosa ?"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Villajoyosa
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Villajoyosa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Villajoyosa
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 44 reviews, 43 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Velikiy Novgorod Intro, 25 reviews, 24 photos
- Kuskovo Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Brussels Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Madrid Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toledo Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Tampere Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos