"Heavenly beautiful" Top 5 Page for this destination Vézelay by Lalique
Vézelay Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 208 photos
We poped into the small old town of Vezalay on our way from Dijon to Tours, and it was worth it!!!
The Church of St. Madeline could be seen from far away over Morvan Hills. It is former pilgrims' place, where they gathered up on the way to Santiago de Campostella (Spain). From this town several Crusdes were launched. The construction of the Roman church began in early XII cent. and was finished somewhat 60 years later.
The interior of the Church is very ascetic but light and pure at the same time. In the cellar, which can be intered... more travel advice
Lalique's Related Pages
Vézelay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The irresistable pull of Vezelay"
- "Vezelay, the Crusaders Town"
- "Heavenly beautiful"
- "RICHARD the LION HEART was HERE"
- "Where Tourism, Art & Religion Merged: The Pilgrims"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vézelay
- Hotels in Vézelay
- Transportation in Vézelay
- Restaurants in Vézelay
- Shopping in Vézelay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vézelay
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Vézelay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vézelay
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 44 reviews, 43 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Velikiy Novgorod Intro, 25 reviews, 24 photos
- Kuskovo Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Brussels Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Madrid Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Toledo Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Maastricht Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tampere Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos