Swaziland Hotel Tips by wadekorzan Top 5 Page for this destination
Swaziland Hotels: 25 reviews and 30 photos
Reilly's Rock Hilltop Lodge
Reilly's Rock, the most incredible place to stay in all of Swaziland and where Prince Bernhard of Holland stays (or stayed) every time he went to Swaziland. There are very few rooms but every room is incredible----imagine being in the movie 'Out of Africa'---the experience is so unique and you are taken care of like you were residents of the house. We stayed just one night, but it was great. In the reserve where it is located, there are several different types of accomodations where you can stay, but regardless of where you stay make sure to see the Swazi dancing at night, outside under the stars. It was great.
Unique Qualities: According to guides, it is Swaziland's most luxurious accommodations--don't worry---we did not travel in the lap of luxury everywhere on our trip--but we did splurge this night and it was a night never to be forgotten. The house was the first dwellig in all of Swaziland to have electricity, and sits on top of a hill with the most incredible view of the surrounding countryside. We stayed in 'Reilly's Room' where the prince of Holland sleeps--fireplace and all--and it is great. Very great to go there if you feel like being romantic!
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary, just east of Mbabane.
In the tent camp
If you visit Mkhaya Game Reserve, I highly recommend to spend the night (at least one night). There are stone cottages and there are "luxury tents". Definitely not luxury! However, it wasn't bad by any means and we enjoyed it alot. There is the "main camp", which is where everyone gathers for the meals and goes on the wildlife viewing outings. Then surrounding the main camp, but spread out quite a bit in the wilderness, are the tents. We had a 5-10 minute walk to our tent and the tent is completely isolated, with no other tents around it at all. It is extremely dark at night so you really have to have a flash light. I was a bit nervous, walking through the dark forest at night...but in the end the only thing that attacked me was a white frog that jumped on me INSIDE the tent. All in all, it's a great experience.
Address: Mkhaya Game Reserve
Directions: Eastern Swaziland, near the border of Mozambique
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 404 4541
More Reviews (18)
- See All Weather is an important factor
- See All Be careful when walking in the...
- See All Hlane Royal National Park
wadekorzan's Related Pages
Swaziland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Kingdom of Swaziland"
- "Swaziland - The Switzerland of Africa"
- "THE KINGDOM OF SWAZILAND"
- "wadekorzan's new Swaziland Page"
- "Two Days in Swaziland"
- "Swaziland, the chillest kingdom in Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Swaziland
- Hotels in Swaziland
- Transportation in Swaziland
- Nightlife in Swaziland
- Restaurants in Swaziland
- Shopping in Swaziland
- Warnings and Dangers in Swaziland
- See All...
Explore the World
- Castle View Hotel
- Houseboat under the Mill
- Vagabond Inn Redding
- Dolphin Bay Resort
- Broadway All Suites
- Radisson Blu Hotel
- Baytree House
- Express By Holiday Inn Turin
- Villas Del Mar Hostel
- Hotel Shagun
- Kalbarri Backpackers YHA
- Best Western President
- Lanta Marine Parkview Resort
- Hotel O'Higgins
Badges & Stats in Swaziland
- 20 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Swaziland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Swaziland
Read real reviews about Swaziland Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 105 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 75 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Koblenz Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Easter Island Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Chile Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Swaziland Intro, 20 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sint Maarten Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos