"Koblenz, like my 2nd home" Top 5 Page for this destination Koblenz by wadekorzan
Koblenz Travel Guide: 356 reviews and 896 photos
Koblenz is a city of 115,000 people at the confluence of 2 major rivers--the Rhine and Mosel. It's old town is beautiful preserved and is well worth strolling around for all of its beautiful buildings. Its old town has some of the best (nicest) shopping in the entire area, it has wonderful restaurants, and there are many many squares in which to sit and enjoy the atmosphere in summer. Walking along its river banks is beautiful, and its location makes an ideal place to base yourself to explore the Mosel River Valley as well as the famous Rhine gorge with all of its castles and the Lorelei Rock. It is easy to get to from Cologne and Frankfurt. It really is a beautiful place, dominated by the Fortress Ehrenbreitstein at the confluence of the two rivers (known as the "Deutsches Eck").
I was fortunate enough to be an exchange student to Germany my senior year of high school, and even more fortunate that I spent my year in Koblenz. That year in koblenz shaped me life and enabled me to do everything that i undertake today. I am still very much in contact with my host family, though they have unfortunately since moved to Koenigswusterhausen, near Berlin.
I do hope that when you visit Germany you will highly consider stopping here for at least a day.
The picture shows the old town skyline, with the onion domes of the "Church of Our Lady" and the steeples of the Florins Church in the background.
Castle Stolzenfels is located just a couple of miles south of the Old Town, in the part of town known as Stolzenfels.... more travel advice
After having walked along the rhine Promenade, make your way to the confluence of the Rhine River with the Mosel River.... more travel advice
wadekorzan's Related Pages
Koblenz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Castellum apud confluentes"
- "Koblenz, like my 2nd home"
- "Opera in Koblenz"
- "Where two great rivers meet - Koblenz"
- "koblenz germany"
- "Koblenz, Coblenz, Confluentia"
- "A Day in Koblenz"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Koblenz
- Hotels in Koblenz
- Transportation in Koblenz
- Nightlife in Koblenz
- Restaurants in Koblenz
- Shopping in Koblenz
- Warnings and Dangers in Koblenz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Koblenz
- 25 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Koblenz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Koblenz
- Posted in Travel Austria Forum "Cesky Krumlov, yes yes yes!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The square called Goerresplatz"
- Wrote a Review Castle Stolzenfels about Castle Stolzenfels in Koblenz Things to Do
- Commented on one of steventilly's Koblenz travel pages
- created a Koblenz Travelogue "Another of the Four Towers"
Photos in KoblenzSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 105 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 75 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Koblenz Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Easter Island Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Chile Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Swaziland Intro, 20 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sint Maarten Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos