"Koblenz, like my 2nd home" Top 5 Page for this destination Koblenz by wadekorzan

Koblenz Travel Guide: 345 reviews and 824 photos

Koblenz is a city of 115,000 people at the confluence of 2 major rivers--the Rhine and Mosel. It's old town is beautiful preserved and is well worth strolling around for all of its beautiful buildings. Its old town has some of the best (nicest) shopping in the entire area, it has wonderful restaurants, and there are many many squares in which to sit and enjoy the atmosphere in summer. Walking along its river banks is beautiful, and its location makes an ideal place to base yourself to explore the Mosel River Valley as well as the famous Rhine gorge with all of its castles and the Lorelei Rock. It is easy to get to from Cologne and Frankfurt. It really is a beautiful place, dominated by the Fortress Ehrenbreitstein at the confluence of the two rivers (known as the "Deutsches Eck").

I was fortunate enough to be an exchange student to Germany my senior year of high school, and even more fortunate that I spent my year in Koblenz. That year in koblenz shaped me life and enabled me to do everything that i undertake today. I am still very much in contact with my host family, though they have unfortunately since moved to Koenigswusterhausen, near Berlin.

I do hope that when you visit Germany you will highly consider stopping here for at least a day.
The picture shows the old town skyline, with the onion domes of the "Church of Our Lady" and the steeples of the Florins Church in the background.

• Last visit to Koblenz: Oct 2002
  • Intro Written Nov 17, 2002

• wabIV's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Thanks for the great tips on Koblenz. I'll be sure to follow them during my visit in August. Best regards!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2007 at 1:29 AM

You have convinced me that I need to add Koblenz to my wish list. ;-)

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2006 at 2:31 AM

Great page on Koblenz! I will be visiting there next week! Looking forward to it!

• Henkster's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2004 at 1:40 AM

Very personal story. Koblenz looks beautiful, havent made it there yet.

• masc4s's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2004 at 4:34 PM

Excellent photo's and detailed info, thank you for sharing your experience!

• Bamara's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2003 at 7:45 AM

There are wonderful photos of Koblenz on your page. I have read, how you`ve enjoyed your year at Koblenz. Great time for you. Enjoy your next trips, whereever you are going to. B.

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2003 at 7:17 AM

Great page. Koblenz is a delightful town. Your page makes me think that I should have spent more time there.

• aminata's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2003 at 1:10 PM

Excellent page. Wow - so much information!! Nice photos.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2002 at 1:59 PM

only true love can bring out such a page..Wade, THANK YOU

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2002 at 2:47 PM

Really well done, great info

wadekorzan

“Do it while you can!”

Badges & Stats in Koblenz

Have you been to Koblenz?

Latest Activity in Koblenz