"Oberwesel, in the Rhine Gorge" Top 5 Page for this destination Oberwesel by wadekorzan
Oberwesel Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 234 photos
Oberwesel is nicknamed the "village of many towers and wine". Originally settled by the Celts and then the Romans, this town later became what was known as a free imerial city, making it a very wealthy place. You will see this wealth reflected in its architecture. This is a nice place to stop when visiting the Rhine Gorge, and the town is dominated by its castle called the "Schoenburg", which means beautiful fortress. The castle can be visited today and you can even stay there!
The Church of St. Martin has a tower that is incredibly fortified. The tower is crowned by battlements, and was formerly... more travel advice
wadekorzan's Related Pages
Oberwesel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "16 medieval towers & Schoenburg castle"
- "Oberwesel/ Rhein"
- "Oberwesel, in the Rhine Gorge"
- "Picture of Oberwesel from the Castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oberwesel
- Hotels in Oberwesel
- Transportation in Oberwesel
- Warnings and Dangers in Oberwesel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oberwesel
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Oberwesel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oberwesel
Photos in OberweselSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 105 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 75 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Koblenz Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Easter Island Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Chile Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Swaziland Intro, 20 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sint Maarten Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos