"A place you must go when you go to Greece!" Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos by wadekorzan

Mykonos Travel Guide: 430 reviews and 1,018 photos

It was a hot sunny day when we arrived to Mykonos Island, and the scenery we passed on our way from the airport was somewhat uninspiring, with dry barren land all around and a noticeable lack of any kind of tree anywhere. Everything was brown, except the little white houses dotting the landscape, and upon arrival at Elia Beach, where we would be staying for a week, I felt surprisingly disappointed. We wasted no time to jump into the turqoise sea, only to frightfully discover that the water was quite cold. I wondered already this first afternoon, if I would even like this harsh island.

The first evening we went to Mykonos Town--and I fell in love with it. Each day thereafter, we explored different beaches, Paradise, Super Paradise, Ornos, and so forth...and almost each evening was spent enjoying the twisting streets of Mykonos Town, an amazing labyrinth of bards, cafes, restaurants, and fantastic shopping.

By the end of the week I was totally hypnotized by the magic of the island, and the day I sadly left, I knew I would come back, again, and again. And you will, too.

• Last visit to Mykonos: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 22, 2007

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2007 at 4:49 AM

great page and tips - looking forward to going there in October

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2007 at 3:40 AM

Thanks for visiting my Naxos page, Wade. Great tips you've got here! I only spent a day in Mykonos (as a daytrip from Paros) and only visited Mykonos Town. Naxos is great - and only a short boat ride from Mykonos!

• leostarico's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2007 at 12:50 AM

Thanks for the info! It is really useful!

wadekorzan

“Do it while you can!”

Badges & Stats in Mykonos

Have you been to Mykonos?