"Stockholm in 5 days" Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm by wadekorzan

Stockholm Travel Guide: 4,088 reviews and 10,136 photos

I spent 5 days in Stockholm, and I feel I got to see alot of what the city has to offer. Yet, of course, there was so much which I still did not see.

Two things I remember most of Stockholm can be seen in this picture: water, and elegance. Stockholm is built on fourteen islands, so no matter what you do, you'll end up going back and forth between them, crossing over bridges, and feeling the cool northern Scandinavian breezes. Each island certainly has its own character, and its worth spending time getting to know each one for what it has to offer.

I was particularly taken with Gamla Stan, Stockholm's old town, particularly in the evening, when the shops were closed, the day tourists were gone, and magic was in the air.

The Swedish Flag

A yellow cross on a blue background---outstanding colors of this Nordic land. There are many reasons for the Swedish flag being blue and yellow. The flowers, the lakes, yellow cornfields against the blue of a summer’s sky and the blue eyes and blonde hair of the girls. There are the same today as when the flag was first raised above Swedish soil in the 16th century.

For those who know the futbol (soccor) team Boca Juniors here in my home Argentina...we have the same colors because they decided that the colors of the team would be the same colors as the flag of the first ship they saw coming into port..and it was a ship from Sweden!

Map of Sweden

Stockholm is located along the central east coast of Sweden. From most places in Europe it only takes 2-3 hours to get there by air, there are trains coming from Norway and up from Denmark and beyond, and there is an extensive ferry system connecting Stockholm to Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Germany...so you see, there is no reason not to come when it is so easy to get here!

OK, from Argentina I have to admit, it IS far, but it was still worth the trip!

• Pros:A beautiful city with lots to see and do
  • Cons:Quite expensive!
  • In a nutshell:Water, islands, elegant architecture, museums, and a beautiful old town
  • Last visit to Stockholm: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Jun 7, 2004

• Nonsje's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2013 at 3:18 AM

wouw,,,great pictures!

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2008 at 11:57 PM

I enjoyed the virtual tour of Stockholm. thank you! :-)

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2007 at 2:14 PM

thanks for this nice introduction of Stockholm. You reduced my work. Greetings

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2007 at 10:45 PM

What a great page! I intend visiting in 2008, hope I make it. Thanks ;

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2006 at 5:46 PM

thanks for the great info and good photos. tips about small things are often the best. thank you

• lilac_flower's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2005 at 11:55 AM

Very useful information about the means of transport's ticket system..Now I've finally understood how does it work! You're best than SL site! And I share your motto at all!

• polardabar's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2005 at 1:52 PM

Stockholm rocks! Keep it up, polar*

• Maline's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2005 at 1:22 PM

Good info, and you were here only 5 days? Just one thing: It's Marten Trotsigs Grand, NOT Trotsky, he was a completely different guy :-))

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2004 at 2:04 PM

Thank you for interesting and detailed information. I must admit though that I liked Skansen very much. Your advice on Tourist Information proved very useful.

• newwave's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2004 at 4:11 PM

Nice page. Stockholm seems such a nice place.

wadekorzan

“Do it while you can!”

Badges & Stats in Stockholm

Have you been to Stockholm?

Latest Activity in Stockholm