"Stockholm in 5 days" Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm by wadekorzan
Stockholm Travel Guide: 4,075 reviews and 9,467 photos
I spent 5 days in Stockholm, and I feel I got to see alot of what the city has to offer. Yet, of course, there was so much which I still did not see.
Two things I remember most of Stockholm can be seen in this picture: water, and elegance. Stockholm is built on fourteen islands, so no matter what you do, you'll end up going back and forth between them, crossing over bridges, and feeling the cool northern Scandinavian breezes. Each island certainly has its own character, and its worth spending time getting to know each one for what it has to offer.
I was particularly taken with Gamla Stan, Stockholm's old town, particularly in the evening, when the shops were closed, the day tourists were gone, and magic was in the air.
A yellow cross on a blue background---outstanding colors of this Nordic land. There are many reasons for the Swedish flag being blue and yellow. The flowers, the lakes, yellow cornfields against the blue of a summer’s sky and the blue eyes and blonde hair of the girls. There are the same today as when the flag was first raised above Swedish soil in the 16th century.
For those who know the futbol (soccor) team Boca Juniors here in my home Argentina...we have the same colors because they decided that the colors of the team would be the same colors as the flag of the first ship they saw coming into port..and it was a ship from Sweden!
Stockholm is located along the central east coast of Sweden. From most places in Europe it only takes 2-3 hours to get there by air, there are trains coming from Norway and up from Denmark and beyond, and there is an extensive ferry system connecting Stockholm to Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Germany...so you see, there is no reason not to come when it is so easy to get here!
OK, from Argentina I have to admit, it IS far, but it was still worth the trip!
- Pros:A beautiful city with lots to see and do
- Cons:Quite expensive!
- In a nutshell:Water, islands, elegant architecture, museums, and a beautiful old town
The picture was taken from my hotel room window at 11 PM and you can see it is still quite light outside...In fact, at... more travel advice
First have a good look at the city hall known as the "Stadhuset". From the outside, it's not very graceful--dark stone,... more travel advice
- See All Tips about boating
- See All Horse and Carriage Ride
- See All Take this list of important numbers
- See All Beware of taxis!
- See All Scandinavian sweaters
wadekorzan's Related Pages
Stockholm Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Stockholm"
- "My own water baby"
- "Stockholm in 5 days"
- "STOCKHOLM - THE CITY OF BRIDGES!"
- "Stockholm - beauty on water"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stockholm
- Hotels in Stockholm
- Transportation in Stockholm
- Nightlife in Stockholm
- Restaurants in Stockholm
- Shopping in Stockholm
- Warnings and Dangers in Stockholm
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stockholm
- 105 Reviews
- 130 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Stockholm?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stockholm
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 105 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 75 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Koblenz Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Easter Island Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Chile Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Swaziland Intro, 20 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sint Maarten Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos