"Rovigo, what a nice surprise!" Rovigo by wadekorzan
Rovigo Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 205 photos
On our way driving from Pisa to Vienna, we needed a place to spend the night, and wanted to do so in a nice little town that might be charming. That town happened to be Rovigo, and we are SO happy that we came here. This is such a charming little place and worth the detour. Just make your way to the center and start exploring around the main square, Piazza Grande/Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II. Even if you don't see specific sights, it really is so great to wander around here, because this is not a usual tourist stop and you can see a wonderful medieval town that is a real living town not overwhelmed by tourists!
In ancient times, Rovigo was known as Rhodighium, and there is history everywhere. The town was originally founded as a bishop's estate, and there are now abundant and wonderful civic buildings like the Palazzo Roncale and Palazzo dell'Accademia dei Concordi. Also don't miss the beautiful Palace Vannezze!
- Pros:Small and Easy to Tour on Foot
- Cons:There are none!
- In a nutshell:A wonderful little place to explore!
Just a few steps away you'll find this small but nice square with a very nice sculpture in the center--this is Garibaldi... more travel advice
wadekorzan's Related Pages
Rovigo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rovigo, the "town of roses""
- "Rovigo, nice little town in Veneto"
- "Rovigo, what a nice surprise!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rovigo
- Hotels in Rovigo
- Transportation in Rovigo
- Restaurants in Rovigo
- Shopping in Rovigo
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rovigo
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Rovigo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rovigo
Photos in RovigoSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 105 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 75 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Koblenz Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Easter Island Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Chile Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Swaziland Intro, 20 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sint Maarten Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos