"Moorea" Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea by wadekorzan

Moorea Travel Guide: 318 reviews and 660 photos

Moorea is just one of the many islands in what is known as French Polynesia. Perhaps the most popular (and the most expensive) is Bora Bora. I wish we had the opportunity to go to Bora Bora while we were there, but we were enjoying Moorea so much we decided Bora Bora would have to wait.

Moorea was a great experience, and we spent alot of time in and around the water. We went snorkeling, swimming, swimming with sharks, swimming with rays, swimming at the Motu, and then more swimming in the pool! It's just such a great place to relax and unwind. We met alot of great people who were travelling there as well, and many of our evenings were spent with them doing different things.

I have been to many different tropical islands (I am somewhat of a fanatic for tropical islands) and though Moorea is not at the top of my list, it certainly is still a place you can have a great time. I thnk after having gone to the Seychelles, we are spoiled and nothing will ever beat that. Check out my Seychelles pictures and you'll know why!!!

There's nothing like the overwaterbungalows!

The beautiful Sofitel Ia Ora Hotel

• Last visit to Moorea: Dec 2001
  • Intro Updated Jan 15, 2004

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2006 at 7:45 PM

Black tips are quite friendly off Moorea as are the Sting Rays. The rays are almost like cats...feed them and they will sit in your lap..... great pages.

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2006 at 4:52 AM

Great pics!! So beautiful and so many things to do, I hope to visit some day... Greetings

• Oct 13, 2005 at 11:57 AM

Swimming with the sharks? Not without the nets, I hope! Read about the great whites on my Cape town page. All the way from your part of the world! :)

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2005 at 10:21 PM

That yellow martian ship looks like fun!

• LuisGuimaraes's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2004 at 3:14 PM

very cool page, specially the photos underwater. VEry funny too

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2004 at 3:45 PM

Wow, love that hat photo! And your intro photo, & all the others! Great tip on trying to meet some of the locals - whenever I manage to do that it's always one of my favorite memories!

• AliasGirl's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2004 at 4:43 PM

I had a similar experience in swimming with the sharks in Grand Cayman. I did quite a bit of underwater screaming too, then it was too much I had to jump out of the water! lol You're a very brave traveler! Nice travel pages!! Thanks

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2004 at 3:37 AM

Great photos and tips on Moorea. Thanks for sharing.

• Dxenion's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2004 at 6:26 PM

Top photos. Love your tip about the sharks. We only have Great Whites here in Adelaide and the only way to view them is from a really big sturdy boat. Not as bad as the top of Oz, they have Makos that jump in yr boat to get you!

• saraheg77's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2004 at 6:56 AM

Hi! Nice page! My fiance has booked 5 nights in Moorea for us for our honeymoon! Do you think a rental car is necessary? Or can alot be gotten to by walking?

wadekorzan