Buenos Aires Nightlife Tips by wadekorzan
Buenos Aires Nightlife: 318 reviews and 300 photos
Apparently this place is quite well known, though I have just discovered it. It is a place to go with friends to eat or to drink. It's situated in what was once a HUGE house, on three levels, and there are all these different rooms on different levels with different atmospheres where you can just sit and chat to friends. It's very casual, with small stools for sitting, couches, etc. It's really hard to descibe just how great this place is if you have not been. Part of the place is reserved for eating as well.
There were lots of foreigners there as well as locals, so this place is known and very popular!
Open Monday - Friday 12 noon - 2 AM
Open Thursdays 12 noon - 3 AM
Open Fridays 12 noon - 4 AM
Open Saturdays 7:30 PM - 4 AM
Open Sundays 8 PM - 2 AM
Address: Parana 1048
Theme: Eating and Drinking
One should definitely see a tango show. There are many to be found throughout the city, but probably the best by far because of its beauty and diversity is called Señor Tango. I would not miss this! Dinner and the show costs just 75 pesos (as of March 2002, prices change often here), so it is a great deal for dinner, all drinks included, show, and transportation to and from your hotel.
Another popular show is completely different than Señor Tango. It is called El Viejo Almacen, located in one of the oldest buildings in Buenos Aires. It is said to be the best tango show in the world, but that is to be disputed. It is good, but the best? I don't know. In any case, if you see just one tango show, I would go to Señor Tango in the district of Barracas (near La Boca). If you see 2 tango shows, then I would also go to the El Viejo Almacen, the one in the picture.
I have heard of another one that is supposed to be quite good called Esquina Carlos Gardel. I think it might be quite good but definitely wouldn't beat Señor Tango.
Asia de Cuba Restaurant and Disco
Located in one of the newest districts of buenos Aires called Puerto Madero, this seems to be one of the hippest places to go at the moment. It starts out as a restaurant with great food and atmosphere and then turns into a disco--with great music--around 1:00 AM.
Dress Code: Dressy-Casual.
Directions: Puerto Madero next to the Hilton Hotel.
Pierina Dealessi 750
Other Contact: www.asiadecuba.com.ar
More Reviews (72)
- See All A good parilla in Palermo, a locals...
- See All Great hotel, great location, great price
- See All Museum ship Fragata Sarmiento
- See All Don't miss Puerto Madero
- See All Watermelons on the go
wadekorzan's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 75 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 65 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
- Posted in Travel Austria Forum "Cesky Krumlov, yes yes yes!"
- Wrote a Review A good parilla in Palermo, a locals favorite about Don Ernesto in Buenos Aires Restaurants
- Commented on one of chris_i79's Buenos Aires travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "By far the best empanadas in BA"
- updated a Buenos Aires Travelogue "San Telmo Street Performers"
Photos in Buenos AiresSee All Photos (71)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Intro, 105 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 75 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Koblenz Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Easter Island Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mykonos Intro, 21 reviews, 25 photos
- Chile Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Swaziland Intro, 20 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sint Maarten Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (21)
- La Boca District- 103 Reviews, 203 Photos
- Recoleta Cemetery - Cementerio de la Recoleta- 97 Reviews, 235 Photos
- San Telmo- 83 Reviews, 120 Photos
- Plaza De Mayo- 72 Reviews, 122 Photos
- 9 de Julio Avenue- 48 Reviews, 88 Photos
- Recoleta Distict- 79 Reviews, 98 Photos
- Obelisco - Obelisk- 51 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Tango- 58 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Daytrip -Tigre- 18 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Puerto Madero District- 53 Reviews, 97 Photos
See All Buenos Aires Things to Do