"Beautiful City by the Bay" San Francisco by D._Pepper

San Francisco Travel Guide: 9,164 reviews and 19,504 photos

The Gate

San Francisco is one of my favorite cities, and the Gate one of my favorite landmarks. I had the bright idea of taking a night shot of it on a rainy, very cold winter night. I think the image I got is worth the effort.

• Last visit to San Francisco: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated Apr 17, 2003

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2004 at 5:49 AM

thanks for the tour! Long time since we've been there, but 2 of my kids met there last wk. and loved it. (I didn't have the guts to ride the running board on the cable car.)

• bct341's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2003 at 12:34 PM

Great pages, been a few years since I have been to San Fran, nice night pic of the "gate" :)

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2003 at 1:00 PM

You want to come back here w/ Syl, but HOW? Fly, Dante, Fly!!! Haha... Yes, that Twin Peaks photo is stunning. One of my favorite..er.... *lookout points*. Ohh boy.....if those plants could talk!! ;->

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2003 at 9:07 AM

Interesting page. You are correct about taking too many pictures of the Golden Gate bridge. I know I took quite a few also.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2003 at 8:13 PM

A really great page on one of the best sites in the world! Yeah - I agree that the Golden Gate Bridge really does get to you!

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2003 at 7:29 PM

Dante, you finally built you SF pages. Huzzah!! Love the photos, though I look kinda goofy in some of them. Thanks for giving me such a great first VT meeting experience! The high vantage point is Twin Peaks -- great views, eh?

• syllybabe's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2003 at 1:23 PM

Good boy! I can see you've been busy. keep at it...you have til easter sunday! ;-) mwah!

• phil_uk_net's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2003 at 11:35 AM

You take a nice photo, Dante. I heard you'd be building pages this weekend. Much more fun that going away somewhere, don't you think?

D._Pepper

“Life is beautiful!”

Badges & Stats in San Francisco

Have you been to San Francisco?

Latest Activity in San Francisco