Bangkok Restaurant Tips by D._Pepper
Bangkok Restaurants: 1,238 reviews and 1,833 photos
Cozy, old world ambience. Family run. With a carafe of the house wine - an Italian white, the bill for two came to only 1,275 baht. Ridiculously cheap for the excellent quality of the food! We stayed outdoors (see photo) but the place has airconditioned dining areas for those who couldn't stand the heat.
Favorite Dish: crab curry on hot plate, fried shrimp with orange sauce, roast duck on hot plate, asparagus and mushrooms with oyster sauce.
Directions: No. 22 Charoenkrung 34 Bangkok 10500
It's in a small alley off Charoenkrung Road. You can't even see the restaurant from the main road. But everybody knows where it is. A short walk from the Oriental.
Other Contact: (02) 2378175 / (02) 6306270
Great Thai food for the price of hamburgers at McDonalds. No kidding. Not the place to go if you're trying to impress, but definitely worth a visit if you just want to try great Thai cooking for a song. Three of us had a great dinner for less than 400 baht. And the place is airconditioned! With Thai soap operas blaring on an overhead TV the whole evening.
Favorite Dish: Crab cakes, tom yum goong, sauteed spinach
Directions: A side street just outside Asia Hotel. I have the Skytrain station written down somewhere, but couldn't find it just now. Go out the restaurant and you take ten steps to the skytrain station. Convenie
More Reviews (7)
- This is not a trap. More like...
- Banyan Tree Bangkok
- Packing List
- Watch the Ratchada cabaret...
D._Pepper's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 9 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Photos in BangkokSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Philippines Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 20 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 19 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laoag City Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Heidelberg Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Czech Republic Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Province of Pampanga Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (17)
- Grand Palace- 311 Reviews, 576 Photos
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market- 112 Reviews, 215 Photos
- Wat Pho- 225 Reviews, 468 Photos
- Temple of the Dawn - Wat Arun- 160 Reviews, 304 Photos
- Chatuchak Weekend Market- 107 Reviews, 158 Photos
- Temple of the Golden Buddha - Wat Traimit- 62 Reviews, 121 Photos
- Baiyoke Tower- 28 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Khlongs - Canals- 44 Reviews, 97 Photos
- Chao Phraya River- 81 Reviews, 153 Photos
- Ayuthaya- 58 Reviews, 124 Photos
See All Bangkok Things to Do