"East Cape" East Cape by kiwiwahine
East Cape Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 136 photos
The East Cape is the first part of New Zealand that a European set foot on, yet it remains one of the most isolated areas of the North Island today. The Cape, as it is affectionately known, contains scenic and rugged terrain and experiences the hottest summers in the North Island. There are some nice beaches around Gisborne and is also home of the biggest national park in the North Island, the Urewera National Park.
Gisborne is the main city on the Cape and was the first city in the world to see the new day because it is the closest city in the world to the international dateline.
kiwiwahine's Related Pages
East Cape Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scenic Highway 35"
- "Where the First Sunlight Meets the Earth"
- "The Cape"
- "East Cape Road Trip - Spring 2009"
- "East Cape"
- "East Cape Lighthouse"
- "UNDER CONSTRUCTION - PLEASE POP BACK LATER."
- See All...
- Things to Do in East Cape
- Hotels in East Cape
- Transportation in East Cape
- Nightlife in East Cape
- Restaurants in East Cape
- Shopping in East Cape
- Warnings and Dangers in East Cape
- See All...
Badges & Stats in East Cape
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to East Cape?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in East Cape
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 4 reviews, 64 photos, 11 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 9 reviews, 58 photos, 12 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 5 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- China Intro, 12 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos, 6 travelogues
- Iran Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pakistan Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 6 travelogues
- Auckland Region Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue