"Beautiful Bowen" Bowen by kiwiwahine
Bowen Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 17 photos
A quiet little seaside town that appeals mostly to retirees because of its laid back nature and to backpackers and new immigrants because of the harvest work thats available for up to nine months of the year.
It has several backpacker hostels, none of which have very good reputations and workers tend to spend their first week in one before moving to one of the many caravan parks which are cheaper and friendlier.
My parents own a home in Queens Beach about 5 mins drive from Bowen's centre. Queens Beach has its own Hotel/Pub, two caravan parks, a skateboard bowl and playground, Medical Centre, Primary and pre-school, golf course, fish and chippie, pizza shop, superette and the areas only picture theatre which has two cinemas.
If you're considering looking for harvest work in the area feel free to contact me and i'll point you in the right direction.
This photo is of my sister, Michelle and her daughter, Tabatha at Horseshoe Bay while holidaying with us in Bowen....Ange
There are two types of jellyfish (Stingers) that are found in the warm waters of QLD in the summer months from the end... more travel advice
There are some twenty or so murals in and around Bowen. Painted by local artists they cover such topics as local... more travel advice
kiwiwahine's Related Pages
Bowen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The beaches are Queenslands best kept secret!"
- "Beautiful Bowen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bowen
- Hotels in Bowen
- Transportation in Bowen
- Nightlife in Bowen
- Restaurants in Bowen
- Warnings and Dangers in Bowen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bowen
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bowen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bowen
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 4 reviews, 64 photos, 11 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 9 reviews, 58 photos, 12 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 5 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- China Intro, 12 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 10 reviews, 36 photos, 6 travelogues
- Iran Intro, 11 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 7 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pakistan Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 6 travelogues
- Auckland Region Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue