"Heron Island" Heron Island by kiwiwahine

Heron Island Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 26 photos

Housekeeping On Heron

I spent just over a month working and living on Heron Island in the housekeeping department. Not as well paid as some of the harvest jobs i've done but it has some great perks which include discount rates on dives and other guest activities as well as reasonable costs for full board and lodging. No having to cook dinner after a hard day at work here; that is unless its barbeque night and your department is rostered.
The photo is me and some of my co-workers enjoying an apres work beer.

My Home

This pretty little cottage was my home. Its divided into four rooms each with their own balcony. Usually shared by two I had a room to myself. They have aerial attachments so you can take along a TV and get free to air broadcasts as well as a DVD and video channels which are run by the islands social club. All rooms come equipped with bed, closet , ceiling fan and drawers and have a fridge, table and chairs on the balcony.

Dive -a-licious

Heron has some fantastic dive sites, in fact its the reason most people end up here, well that or a honeymoon.
My favourite is the Blue Pools just for the number of fish and types of animals you'll see.

• Last visit to Heron Island: Sep 2002
  • Intro Written May 15, 2003

kiwiwahine

“Trying to catch the deluge in a paper cup”

Badges & Stats in Heron Island

Have you been to Heron Island?

Latest Activity in Heron Island