"Wien : Imperial city" Vienna by cadiana88
Vienna Travel Guide: 7,421 reviews and 18,497 photos
“Argentina!, Maradona!”. The sentence had provided effect again and my speaker had understood that we came from Argentina and not from Algeria. Father and son accompanied us in the train cabin from Venice until Klagenfurt, the capital of Carintia, where they went down. They were refugees. Years later, their origin place would be unfortunately very famous: Kosovo.
The old imperial capital was a mystery for us, we didn't know too much about it, our german relatives had only warned us that we didn't forget to visit the palace Schönbrunn.
We arrive in "SudBahnhof" at 6:30 in the morning, and we bought tickets there for the tram that should deposit us near another station, "Westbahnhof", from where we would undertake the search of the cheap lodging that we extracted of the guide “Let's Go Europe”. The man that sold us the tickets told us in perfect English that we should got off the tram in the tenth stop. We made it and and to our left side, "Westbahnhof" appeared. We turned right and we saw an imposing avenue called Mariahilfer Straße. The first sunbeams showed us the splendor of Wien.
cadiana88's Related Pages
Vienna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My birthplace & the place where I feel at home !"
- "VIENNA, AUSTRIA ~ MUSIC IS IN THE AIR !"
- "Rainy day in Vienna 2006, sunny in 2013"
- "VIENNA AND THE PASSION OF ART"
- "Vienna and its never-ending history"
- "Just More then Mozart, Strauss und Sacher torte"
- "Still a city of dreams"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vienna
- Hotels in Vienna
- Transportation in Vienna
- Nightlife in Vienna
- Restaurants in Vienna
- Shopping in Vienna
- Warnings and Dangers in Vienna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vienna
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vienna
Photos in ViennaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Jujuy Intro, 11 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salt Lake City Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos
- Ushuaia Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Europe Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Tucson Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Agnone Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue