"The Athens of Sannio" Agnone by cadiana88

Agnone Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 16 photos

Agnone, my closest Italian roots

Agnone is the town where the parents of my father were born, then they emigrated and settled in Buenos Aires , Argentina, where I was born and I have lived all my life. I have deep feelings about Agnone, I consider myself like an "Agnonese". (I've Italian citizenship).
I visited the city twice. Some relatives still live there, in a house 3 kilometers from the town. I have also visited the house where my grandparents lived there!! Amazing experience!
This town is called "The Athens of Sannio", culturally is very attractive. The theater's name is "Italo Argentino" !!
There're 14 churches!. People is friendly and the landscape is pretty. Food is great!
Visit it and then tell me!

More info: www.agnone.com.ar

Map

The way to Agnone from Rome, it's very close, try it! Get inside the Sannita's land.

City's shield

The city has a lion in its shield, because the Venetian origin of some of the more important families of Agnone.

• Pros:Bells, churches, people, architecture, food
  • Cons:It's so far away from my home...
  • In a nutshell:The oldest bells factory in the World and the oldest italian enterprise!
  • Last visit to Agnone: Oct 1999
  • Intro Updated Jun 6, 2007

Travelogues (1)

• melissa_bel's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2004 at 2:14 PM

Hi Carlos! Hey, my family is from a village not far away: Sanit on VT. Giovanni Lipioni, halfway between Agnone and Vasto. Never tought I'd see it mentionned on VT. It's a beautiful town.

cadiana88

“That which does not kill me, makes me stronger”

Badges & Stats in Agnone