"The Athens of Sannio" Agnone by cadiana88
Agnone Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 16 photos
Agnone is the town where the parents of my father were born, then they emigrated and settled in Buenos Aires , Argentina, where I was born and I have lived all my life. I have deep feelings about Agnone, I consider myself like an "Agnonese". (I've Italian citizenship).
I visited the city twice. Some relatives still live there, in a house 3 kilometers from the town. I have also visited the house where my grandparents lived there!! Amazing experience!
This town is called "The Athens of Sannio", culturally is very attractive. The theater's name is "Italo Argentino" !!
There're 14 churches!. People is friendly and the landscape is pretty. Food is great!
Visit it and then tell me!
More info: www.agnone.com.ar
The way to Agnone from Rome, it's very close, try it! Get inside the Sannita's land.
The city has a lion in its shield, because the Venetian origin of some of the more important families of Agnone.
- Pros:Bells, churches, people, architecture, food
- Cons:It's so far away from my home...
- In a nutshell:The oldest bells factory in the World and the oldest italian enterprise!
A traditional and old ceremony. more travel advice
My grandfather used to say: "Agnone has 13 churches". When I first visited the town, I found out that the churches were... more travel advice
cadiana88's Related Pages
Agnone Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Agnone
- 8 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Agnone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Agnone
- Posted in Travel Buenos Aires Forum "Re: Transfer from AEP to EZE"
- Commented on one of satara's Agnone travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visit bells factory and museum"
- updated a Agnone Travel Page "The Athens of Sannio"
- Wrote a Review 'Ndocciata , fire during winter solstice in Agnone Local Customs
Photos in AgnoneSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Jujuy Intro, 11 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 16 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 10 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salt Lake City Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos
- Ushuaia Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos
- Europe Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 5 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Tucson Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Agnone Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue