"the heart of the Triglav National Park" Trenta by Patje
Trenta Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 85 photos
The Trenta valley, carved deep into the heart of the mountains in the form of a horseshoe, opens up into wild side gorges. From the source of the emerald-green river Soèa and farther on to the point where the river meets the Lepena valley, Trenta lies in the Triglav National Park. Flowing into the Soèa from the neighbouring valleys are the streams Mlinarica, which tumbles across overhanging cliffs and rushes through inaccessible troughs, the Krajcarica, preserving its strength despite constantly disappearing and re-appearing in a swarm of springs, the Vrsnik with blue-green pools and troughs, and the Lepenca, working its way to the Soca over numerous boulders.
Waterfall Virje height is 15 - 16 meters and it runs in two divided streams. Water falls into a big pool. Spring of... more travel advice
Russan war prisoners, who died building a road across Vršiè, were buried on Trenta military cemetery alongside fallen... more travel advice
Patje's Related Pages
Trenta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hidden Valley of Emerald Stream"
- "the heart of the Triglav National Park"
- "The Trenta valley and the source of the Soča"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trenta
- 12 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Trenta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trenta
Photos in TrentaSee All Photos (65)
Top 10 Pages
- Trenta Intro, 12 reviews, 65 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mizpe Ramon Intro, 5 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kortrijk Intro, 50 photos, 9 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 42 photos, 7 travelogues
- Solda Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arnhem Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Solcava Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Gorjuse Intro, 32 photos, 5 travelogues
- Slovenia Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 31 photos, 4 travelogues