"Hortobágy National Park" Hortobagy by Patje
Hortobagy Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 46 photos
Hortobágy is the largest continuous natural grassland in Europe. The Hortobágy National Park, established in 1973 is the country’s largest protected area of 82 thousand hectares.
Hortobágy has outstanding landscape features and is a unique example of the harmonic coexistence of people and nature based on the considerate use of the land, maintaining great biological variety in respect of species and habitats.
A major part of the area of the National Park is formed by natural habitats, alkaline grasslands, and meadows, smaller and bigger marshes enclosed between them. Some artificial wetlands covering a much smaller area are of considerable importance: these are the fishponds, situated on 6 thousand hectares.
Patje's Related Pages
Hortobagy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hortobàgy and the Puszta"
- "'Farthest east' in Hortobagy"
- "The Hungarian Puszta"
- "Hortobagy Panorama"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hortobagy
- Hotels in Hortobagy
- Transportation in Hortobagy
- Restaurants in Hortobagy
- Shopping in Hortobagy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hortobagy
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Hortobagy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hortobagy
Top 10 Pages
- Trenta Intro, 12 reviews, 65 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mizpe Ramon Intro, 5 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kortrijk Intro, 50 photos, 9 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 42 photos, 7 travelogues
- Solda Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Arnhem Intro, 1 review, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Solcava Intro, 7 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Gorjuse Intro, 32 photos, 5 travelogues
- Slovenia Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 31 photos, 4 travelogues