"Laboe - More than a Naval Memorial" Laboe by Audrey118
Laboe Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 61 photos
I only wanted to see the Naval Memorial, but when I reached there, I realised Laboe is also a beach resort where you can sit and bum around the beach, cycle around it, run with your dogs, spend overnight as there are lots of beachfront hotels.
The memorial is huge with a tower and many halls inside. It was build in Nazi time, and so you can imagine the architecture.
The memorial now is to commemorate all the seamen who died in both wars and also to respect their enemies.
- you should take your time and walk around it. It cost about slightly over 2 euro to enter.
Next to the memorial you can also visit a submarine but you must be prepared to walk through this amazingly tight space - I wonder how people lived in it - but you are just so amazed by the technology they had already then!!!
- Pros:Beach Holiday with Naval History
- Cons:Can be seen In a day - it gets a little boring
- In a nutshell:If you are in Kiel, you should come here
You have to see the submarine. You will be amazed by size inside it, the high technology, you get to see bunks and also... more travel advice
There are lots of little kiosk like this with their food displayed out. My husband bought a crepe from one kiosk, and... more travel advice
Audrey118's Related Pages
Laboe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Laboe near Kiel"
- "Bonio's Laboe Page"
- "Laboe - More than a Naval Memorial"
- "Beaches and a calm sea wind ..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Laboe
- 5 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Laboe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laboe
Photos in LaboeSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 126 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 106 reviews, 124 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 93 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 94 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 130 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 59 reviews, 62 photos
- Audrey Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bay of Islands Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- Rome Intro, 48 reviews, 37 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos