"Coruna - the northwest bit of Spain" Top 5 Page for this destination Coruña by Audrey118
Coruña Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 363 photos
We went to La Coruna for conference. Otherwise, I doubt I would have discovered such a lovely city. It is located at the northwest of Spain, in the Galicia region.
Speaking of which, during my year 2001 trip to Madrid we dined in a fancy restaurant, and the Maitre D mentioned that they have their fishes freshly flown in from Galicia daily. And true enough, Galicia is trully a seafoodland.
We also discovered that there are so much history behind this bit of Spain. From A Coruna, we travelled to Santiago De Compostella to Ponteverde and some smaller towns nearby before returning to Santiago for our flight to Madrid.
La Coruna, is famous for its port, shipping industry, the histroical Roman hercules lighthouse - and a working one...
For those who are Catholics, they maybe interested to know that Coruna is the point of the English route of the St James Way. There are many routes that Catholics do for the St James Way piligrimage, which ends at Santiago de Compostela. I am very keen to consider doing this pilgrim walk - Camino walk in the next Jubilee Year, expected to be 5 years from now - for July 25th is the feast day and has to be a Sunday to be marked as Holy Year.
There are plenty of churches to walk around the old part of the town, and the magnificent Maria Pita square which houses the largest clock collections and lots of nice parks to stroll, or even take a tram ride around the coast to the other side of the beach and back.
It was funny to see an obelisk in Spain!!! and even moreso in A Coruna. It was pretty and more than 100 years old. It... more travel advice
Here is a picture of my husband going to register for the conference. There were tens of thousand people from all over... more travel advice
Audrey118's Related Pages
Coruña Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Happy with La Coruna"
- "THE CRISTAL CITY"
- "A Coruna"
- "Coruna - the northwest bit of Spain"
- "La Coruña"
- "The joys of La Coruña"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coruña
- Hotels in Coruña
- Transportation in Coruña
- Nightlife in Coruña
- Restaurants in Coruña
- Shopping in Coruña
- Warnings and Dangers in Coruña
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coruña
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Coruña?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coruña
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 126 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 106 reviews, 124 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 93 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 94 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 130 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 59 reviews, 62 photos
- Audrey Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bay of Islands Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- Rome Intro, 48 reviews, 37 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos