"Myriad of experience" Christchurch by Audrey118
Christchurch Travel Guide: 1,243 reviews and 2,614 photos
Nothing beats more than New Zealand hospitality.
I must say the New Zealanders are terribly friendly, they are very sincere... There was one occassion we were lost walking along the Oxford Terrace and a car pulled up (off no where) ran to us to ask if we were OK and needed help. Many times we stopped and asked for directions we were given excellent help.
VTer Rozehill met up with me for coffee and also invited my husband and I for a dinner at her HOME together with her family.
Liked I said - I am mad about handmade stuff...so a visit to Christchurch has lots to offer. Besides the Maori art, you can get lots of good potters, weavers, carvers all using their local product. Many of these craftmen are not necessarily local - they could have travel from afar and stayed here after falling in love with New Zealand.
In Christchurch you can feast on international food - made with the best of the local products. we had fantastic roast lamb racks, the sweetest prawns together with other local seafood - mussels (there is so much mussels - it must be very cheap) oysters, scampis and endless sushis.
we stayed for several days at the Chateau, which is located at the very far end of the major park in the city, It takes... more travel advice
Audrey118's Related Pages
Christchurch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shaken but not beaten: A city rising from ruins"
- "My Home - The (Shakey) Garden City"
- "Over Looking Lyttelton Harbour"
- "Charming Christchurch"
- "My winter holiday in summer"
- "Christchurch - Gateway to the South Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Christchurch
- Hotels in Christchurch
- Transportation in Christchurch
- Nightlife in Christchurch
- Restaurants in Christchurch
- Shopping in Christchurch
- Warnings and Dangers in Christchurch
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Christchurch
- 35 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Christchurch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Christchurch
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 126 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 106 reviews, 124 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 93 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 94 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 130 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 59 reviews, 62 photos
- Audrey Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bay of Islands Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- Rome Intro, 48 reviews, 37 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos
Latest Christchurch hotel reviews
- Airport Plaza Christchurch Hotel
- 298 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Poplars Apartment Hotel
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 19, 2011
- Foley Towers
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 13, 2013
- Rolleston House YHA Hostel
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Copthorne Hotel Commodore Christchurch Airport
- 540 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Bealey Avenue Motel
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 18, 2013
- Quality Inn Pavilions
- 164 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Riccarton Village Inn
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Achilles Motel
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Base Christchurch Backpackers
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 20, 2012
- Heritage Christchurch
- 197 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Riccarton Mall & Deans Bush Motel
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 23, 2013
- Arthur's Court Motor Lodge
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013