"Myriad of experience" Christchurch by Audrey118
Christchurch Travel Guide: 1,250 reviews and 2,676 photos
Nothing beats more than New Zealand hospitality.
I must say the New Zealanders are terribly friendly, they are very sincere... There was one occassion we were lost walking along the Oxford Terrace and a car pulled up (off no where) ran to us to ask if we were OK and needed help. Many times we stopped and asked for directions we were given excellent help.
VTer Rozehill met up with me for coffee and also invited my husband and I for a dinner at her HOME together with her family.
Liked I said - I am mad about handmade stuff...so a visit to Christchurch has lots to offer. Besides the Maori art, you can get lots of good potters, weavers, carvers all using their local product. Many of these craftmen are not necessarily local - they could have travel from afar and stayed here after falling in love with New Zealand.
In Christchurch you can feast on international food - made with the best of the local products. we had fantastic roast lamb racks, the sweetest prawns together with other local seafood - mussels (there is so much mussels - it must be very cheap) oysters, scampis and endless sushis.
we stayed for several days at the Chateau, which is located at the very far end of the major park in the city, It takes... more travel advice
Audrey118's Related Pages
Christchurch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shaken but not beaten: A city rising from ruins"
- "My Home - The (Shakey) Garden City"
- "Over Looking Lyttelton Harbour"
- "Charming Christchurch"
- "My winter holiday in summer"
- "Christchurch - Gateway to the South Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Christchurch
- Hotels in Christchurch
- Transportation in Christchurch
- Nightlife in Christchurch
- Restaurants in Christchurch
- Shopping in Christchurch
- Warnings and Dangers in Christchurch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Christchurch
- 35 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Christchurch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Christchurch
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 126 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 106 reviews, 124 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 93 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 94 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 130 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 59 reviews, 62 photos
- Audrey Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bay of Islands Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- Rome Intro, 48 reviews, 37 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos