"Myriad of experience" Christchurch by Audrey118

Christchurch Travel Guide: 1,251 reviews and 2,647 photos

Meeting with VTer Rozehill

Nothing beats more than New Zealand hospitality.

I must say the New Zealanders are terribly friendly, they are very sincere... There was one occassion we were lost walking along the Oxford Terrace and a car pulled up (off no where) ran to us to ask if we were OK and needed help. Many times we stopped and asked for directions we were given excellent help.

VTer Rozehill met up with me for coffee and also invited my husband and I for a dinner at her HOME together with her family.

Crafts

Liked I said - I am mad about handmade stuff...so a visit to Christchurch has lots to offer. Besides the Maori art, you can get lots of good potters, weavers, carvers all using their local product. Many of these craftmen are not necessarily local - they could have travel from afar and stayed here after falling in love with New Zealand.

Excellent Food

In Christchurch you can feast on international food - made with the best of the local products. we had fantastic roast lamb racks, the sweetest prawns together with other local seafood - mussels (there is so much mussels - it must be very cheap) oysters, scampis and endless sushis.

• Last visit to Christchurch: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 10, 2003

• Oct 14, 2004 at 8:30 AM

On a trip to Chch from the US two years ago I was introduced to Dux de Lux. Great place to enjoy a glass of ginger beer with friends. Wonderful food and great atmosphere. I highly recommend it!

• knerten's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2004 at 3:56 AM

Just been to Sticky Fingers in CHCH and I loved it. Thanks for sharing your memories of NZ.

• rozehill's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2004 at 2:55 AM

I know this departure tax is so expensive, even more expensive than in Auckland! Wonderful memories we have of you and Seah.

• Imaniac's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2004 at 5:58 AM

I'm hoping to visit New zealand one day. Looks like Christ Church is the place to be.

• dragontml's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2004 at 1:40 AM

i like ChCh ! a lovely city. they have increased the departure tax !

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2003 at 9:02 PM

Oh yes, people here are nice :-) but I think I'll go nuts if I stay here for a month!!! ;-)

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2003 at 5:41 AM

My husband really enjoyed New Zealand....on his way to Antarctica. (see my page on his trip)

• craic's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2003 at 4:58 PM

Dear old Christchurch. I can see you like your food.

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2003 at 4:25 AM

this would me my ideal culinary tips page.

• petertktan's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2003 at 7:09 PM

It must be wonderful to be your husband and eating all these glorious food!

Audrey118

“next stop - Stockholm and Riga”

Badges & Stats in Christchurch

Have you been to Christchurch?

Latest Activity in Christchurch