"Kangaroo Valley - Potteries and Winding Road" Kangaroo Valley by Audrey118

Kangaroo Valley Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 59 photos

We drove a challenging path from Bundanoon to Exerter to Kangaroo Valley. The road goes up and down in narrow path, and you can fill your ears popping!!! the same feeling like you are about to take off or land in the airplanes.

Our arrival to Kangaroo Valley was much to cheered for especially after an pleasant day at Berrima, Bundanoon, Moss Vale etc
It was almost the end of the day, after driving hundreds of km, and indeed we need rest.

we oulled over as soon as we saw shops - hurrah - we bought ouserlves some carbonated drinks to chill out in a surprisingly hot day at the southern hiuhlands. After all you are in the highlands and even though we are in summer - it was just as hot as compared to Sydney city.

There were more shops than we asked for - it was as good as Berrima although not as many but the variety was deilghtful.

No - I did not buy much more - or else I be in trouble at the airport.

I ended up buying only some wood crafted fruits - one small banana and one small plum ; both made of Australian wood - they both added to my collection of Tassie wood fruits I had bought in my trip to Tasmania many years ago. What impressed me most of that shop was the amount of wood products they can come up with in this little small - but working town.

In the pictures in this site, I have added photos of rocking horse - the type I rode when I was a child - funny that they still exists!!! and chess sets and many many more. There was one particular wood work I saw which was a beautiful wren bird and some rosellas - but becos it was not made in Kangaroo Valley and also becos it cost something like AUD800 - I had to give it a miss.

There was one pottery worth going in = it is wooden white one with lots of scary looking terracotta faces outside - but inside the shop was so just amazing. The lady had placed all her potteries in different section of the well renovated house and each section were based on colours of the potteries. So you have magenta section, blue section. green section.... I wished I had more luggage space!!! At there was garden decoration to admire with water trinlking sounds....I love that.

Kangaroo Valley is part of the beautiful Shoalhaven region on the South Coast of New South Wales Australia. The most famous landmark would be the Hampden Bridge, which was built over the Kangaroo River in 1898. Hampden Bridge resembles a turreted medieval castle. It is the oldest suspension bridge in Australia.
On bothsides of the bridge there are picnic grounds and BBQ pits.

• Pros:2 hours from Sudney - and a world of difference
  • Last visit to Kangaroo Valley: Nov 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 10, 2003

Audrey118

“next stop - Stockholm and Riga”

Badges & Stats in Kangaroo Valley

Have you been to Kangaroo Valley?

Latest Activity in Kangaroo Valley