Bangkok Transportation Tips by Audrey118
Bangkok Transportation: 1,148 reviews and 1,356 photos
Take the taxis from outside the airport - either left or right exit.
Do not take private taxis. The journey downtown is around 40 minutes to an hour depending on the traffic. The total metered cost around 200 baht and if the taxis travel on the
tollway and expressway downtown (faster), there are two charges of 30B and 40B to pay.
On top of that the passenger also has to pay a 50 baht airport surcharge on top of the metered fee.
Caution is that many taxi drivers claim they do not have small change; so do carry them. alternatively ask the driver to go to the nearest convenient store - 7-11 will do the trick, and funny but the taxi driver will suddenly find that he has all the loose change!!!
Therefore it should cost about 300 baht all cost covered. For a hotel limousine it cost about 1000 baht.
Map of the skytrain
skytrain - very efficient and safe
not the best way to get around is the taxi - they are not the best. Whenever we get into a cab from the hotel we are staying, they usually jot down the cab number in a log book , and give one to us for referral.
Usually in the evening - and esplly in tourist areas- taxi drivers will haggle the price after you tell them your destination, It could cost you only 20 baht, but they would demand for 100 baht. I normally get very annoyed and slam the taxi doors!!! And wait for another taxi. I do not mind tipping the drivers - but hate to be demanded!!!
More Reviews (103)
- See All superb ambience
- See All Serviced Apartment
- See All Bang Pa-In Summer Palace
- See All River Cruise-from Marriott Hotel -...
Audrey118's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 106 Reviews
- 124 Photos
- 130 Forum posts
- 37 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 126 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 106 reviews, 124 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 93 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 94 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 130 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 59 reviews, 62 photos
- Audrey Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bay of Islands Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- Rome Intro, 48 reviews, 37 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos
- Chatuchak Weekend Market- 107 Reviews, 158 Photos
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market -Daytrip- 112 Reviews, 231 Photos
- Grand Palace- 311 Reviews, 609 Photos
- Temple of the Dawn - Wat Arun- 163 Reviews, 314 Photos
- Wat Pho- 231 Reviews, 488 Photos
- Daytrip - Ayuthaya- 61 Reviews, 126 Photos
- Baiyoke Tower- 28 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Temple of the Golden Buddha - Wat Traimit- 63 Reviews, 126 Photos
- Chinatown- 83 Reviews, 161 Photos
- Patpong Night Market- 32 Reviews, 49 Photos
See All Bangkok Things to Do