"World Heritage - Batad Rice Terraces" Top 5 Page for this destination Batad by Audrey118
Batad Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 179 photos
Rice terraces can be seen in other parts of Asia - I have seen it in Ubud, Bali but nothing is as spectacular as these rice terraces in the north Luzon, Philippines. And at Batad, you see the best of the world!!!
Batad is not far from Banaue.
It is located in the Cordillera mountain region, north of Manila.
Here, the tribe people, the Ifugao took thousand of years to carve these steep steps on the mountain to farm their staple food, rice.
Vters d_pepper (Dante), heywinks (sonia) and myself, together with other friends, Alistair and Jeanine shared the jeepney with 3 other hotel guests to Batad.
A day earlier, the three other hotel guests (from Florida) had attempted to go to the junction some 1 odd hour ride from the hotel in a tricycle. But the road there was really bad they decided to axe their plans and instead spent time in Banaue
Here you see the original Ifugao thatch roof homes mingled with civilsation..the zinc roofed homes.
- Pros:Most spectacular rice terrace on earth, and very friendly locals.
- Cons:slippery path and the hike.....aaaah bad bad for old lady me
- In a nutshell:Go there while it still exist
Now try walking like the locals!!!! down the terrace more travel advice
even the fried rice was photographed..... our very busy VTer heywinks with her fried rice with corn beef??? more travel advice
Audrey118's Related Pages
Batad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "World Heritage - Batad Rice Terraces"
- "Land of the Rice Terrace!"
- "Batad Village and the Tappiya Falls"
- "A Remarkable Journey to Batad"
- "steps to heaven"
- "Batad:Place to go to walk along the Rice Terraces"
- "Beauty is Batad"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Batad
- Hotels in Batad
- Transportation in Batad
- Restaurants in Batad
- Warnings and Dangers in Batad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Batad
- 18 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Batad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Batad
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 126 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 106 reviews, 124 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 93 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 94 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 130 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 59 reviews, 62 photos
- Audrey Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bay of Islands Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- Rome Intro, 48 reviews, 37 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos