"The Shangri-la of the Philippines" Sagada by Audrey118
Sagada Travel Guide: 668 reviews and 1,855 photos
we left Banaue for Sagada... some 2 odd hours drive. We would drive past rocky terrains, unsealed paths wrapping around the mountaneous terrain and avery often we are just at the edge ....
The view there is awesome, but you have to pass through this area before 5 pm when it gets thick foggy and visibility is very bad. You will see not many people, occassional locals, and one or two jeeps driving pass by. It is awesome view, with beautiful fluffy cotton clouds and mystical fog, and lots of pine trees and golden flowers...sometimes you wonder if you are really in the Philippines.
We also drove pass through a bustling town Bontoc,
where we stopped over to stretch our legs and also to get a bite.
Sagada is famous for adventurous travellers with caves that can be explored with a help of a local guide.
And it is very interesting inside the cave. First you will have to climb down sharp rocky steps, and as you enter into the caves, you will sometimes walk through puddles of water....and to get a grip sometimes you hang on to rocks - a bit slimey - becos it has bats dung all over it...you would not careless becos you rather not fall into the pool of water filled with the dung as well.
As you enter the caves, the rocks get very smooth textured and form very unusual shapes....some they called them marshmallows, some pillars, some pig home etc.... at the very far end there was a pool where you could swim. It is very cool inside the caves and very clean deep inside.
Besides caving, there are also waterfalls to go to, and for art lovers, alike our VTer d_pepper, he wanted to visit a famous photographer, Masfere's work = he took wonderful pictures of the tribe and the rice terraces of this Cordilleras region. .
Audrey118's Related Pages
Sagada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sagada: My Nirvana"
- "Sagada? So how many times have you been back?"
- "Paradise Amidst Mountains"
- "Serene Sagada"
- "SAGADA: No other place on earth comes close"
- "Sagada High"
- "ON THE ROAD TO SAGADA!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sagada
- Hotels in Sagada
- Transportation in Sagada
- Nightlife in Sagada
- Restaurants in Sagada
- Shopping in Sagada
- Warnings and Dangers in Sagada
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sagada
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Sagada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sagada
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 126 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 106 reviews, 124 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 93 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 94 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 130 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 59 reviews, 62 photos
- Audrey Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bay of Islands Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- Rome Intro, 48 reviews, 37 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos