Kuala Lumpur Local Custom Tips by Audrey118 Top 5 Page for this destination
Kuala Lumpur Local Customs: 138 reviews and 214 photos
For some reason i do not understand, Malaysian public toilets are really bad bad...it is usually wet - so beware of slippery floors and sometimes smells...not too often.
You prepare to bring toilet papers - of your own...
And some shopping malls have payable toilets - still you wonder why it is not that clean. and that is pretty close to the Hermes shop... they even have body shop toiletries inside!!!
Since a child, if we are in the shopping mall area, we will have targetted our conveninent loo places...usually at some 5 star hotels!!!!
And recently i realised that toilets at KLCC were spanking clean...but at an alarming 2 ringgit entry charge!!!
Lou Hei the Yee Sang
During the Chinese New Year season, lots of merry making is seen. It is usually around Late January to February month.
Chinese love decking in red, eat mandarin oranges, have lion dances, and go out to have grand banquets. Many Chinese restaurants may have firecrackers, lion dances to offer..check out the time.
We celeberate for 15 days, and we have this unique dish called Yee Sang (Raw Fish) - it is salad-y type of food. Yee means endless wealth and sang means life. And we would furiously mix the ingredients served in a platter and shout lou hei - symbolises prosperity and longevity
More Reviews (91)
- See All new wing - the Gardens
- See All Shanghai Steam Bun - Xioalong pao
- See All The Aquaria at the new KL Convention...
- See All Cheaper than KLIA Express
Audrey118's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "JALAN BUKIT BINTANG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 93 Reviews
- 128 Photos
- 564 Forum posts
- 67 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
- Uploaded a Photo to "Join The Party To Say Goodbye to Quero & Sam_I_am"
- Posted in Travel Como Forum "Re: Brunate"
- Commented on one of airasia's Kuala Lumpur travel pages
- Wrote a Review new wing - the Gardens about Mid Valley Megamall in Kuala Lumpur Shopping
- updated a Kuala Lumpur Travel Page "I grew up here!!!"
Photos in Kuala LumpurSee All Photos (128)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 126 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 106 reviews, 124 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 93 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 94 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 130 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 59 reviews, 62 photos
- Audrey Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bay of Islands Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- Rome Intro, 48 reviews, 37 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos
- Petronas Twin Towers- 256 Reviews, 449 Photos
- Batu Caves- 114 Reviews, 254 Photos
- Bukit Bintang- 41 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Genting Highlands- 43 Reviews, 106 Photos
- Chinatown- 98 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Merdeka Square- 75 Reviews, 128 Photos
- Royal Palace (Istana Negara)- 28 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Menara Telecommunications Tower- 110 Reviews, 207 Photos
- Putrajaya- 43 Reviews, 86 Photos
- Lake Gardens- 22 Reviews, 46 Photos
See All Kuala Lumpur Things to Do