"I grew up here!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur by Audrey118
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 6,344 reviews and 14,846 photos
Kuala Lumpur is a must for people who come to Malaysia.
Make it your first stop here and you will see how much KL has blossomed. If you arrive here via our international airport, you can see how we strive to upkeep with the fast moving technology. It is obvious we do not want to be left behind in terms of infrastruture. We enjoy having the largest, the tallest etc - see our tallest twin tower, tallest flag poll and many more.
But our heritage remains.
KL is beautiful - it has a blend of our British colonisation heritage mapped all over our historic buidlings, but we have this great love for tall scarpers still.
Eating is cheap in Malaysia, and you can have great meal, be it local delights to haute cuisine, international food at very fair prices compared to other parts of Asia and the world.
There are lots to be done in the city, either eating, drinking, sight seeing, and lots out of town to be done as well. You must have a great love to walk and look out for details - much has a history behind it. But many people just come and go without knowing our deep deep heritage.
I had the pleasure of meeting fellow VTers, Sun-spot (Josie and Andy) from London, Resttless-in-kl (Jenny) from Kuala Lumpur, p_yenyen (Patricia)from Kuala Lumpur, ecuriosity (Terence) from Petaling Jaya and of course AyurinHiro (Hiroyuki and Ayurin) from Osaka on August 10th at Westin Hotel
Inside the sky bridge of KLCC Petronas Twin Tower - it is a mere 5-10 mins visit, and you need to book in advance...it is FREE.
- Cons:mad taxi drivers
- In a nutshell:Tall Buildings and Old Buildings Blend In Well + best value food
We walked from KLCC - where there is a connected walk near the Burger King outlet. It is a long walk considering with... more travel advice
This is a suburban restaurant - i particularly like their sushi rolls - like spider rolls, twin tower etc. more travel advice
Audrey118's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "JALAN BUKIT BINTANG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 93 Reviews
- 128 Photos
- 564 Forum posts
- 66 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
Photos in Kuala LumpurSee All Photos (128)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 126 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 106 reviews, 124 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 93 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 94 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 130 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 59 reviews, 62 photos
- Audrey Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bay of Islands Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- Rome Intro, 48 reviews, 37 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos