"Love of a Man" Agra by Audrey118
Agra Travel Guide: 1,117 reviews and 3,656 photos
The story of Taj Mahal moves me...it has been such a great love story to me since a child. And to see such an architecture marvel in my own eyes is yet another dream come true!!
The Mughal King, Shah Jehan saddened by the loss of his young wife, Mumtaz Mehal (during the chioldbirth of their 14th child) was determined to perpetuate her memory for immortality and decided to build his beloved wife the finest tomb.
Apparently, Mumtaz had inspired Shah Jehan to be a fair and good king, so much the people under the ruler was equally inspired to join force with the king's intentions. After more than 20 years laborious work and more than 20,000 workers
and craftsmen, the complex was finally completed in 1648 on the banks on the river Jamuna.
The Agra Fort is a combination of great palaces built by Akbar, who is Shah Jehan's grandfather and marvelous gardens built by Jehangir, Shah Jehan's father (white palaces are home to Shah Jehan) which later was turned into his prison, where through the windows he could watch the great Taj Mahal from a distant.
Across the Jamuna River is the Baby Taj, which houses the tomb of Itmad-ud-daulah. It is really a miniature of the Taj Mahal, and marks one of the first building made of white marble with extensive marble inlays.
- Pros:An Architecture Marvel worth more than a day trip
- Cons:yet another chaotic India!!! entrance fees can be quite hefty
- In a nutshell:A Must See Man Made Wonder of the World
Sister restaurant to the well known Bukkhara in New Delhi (voted one of the 7 top restaurants in the world???), this is... more travel advice
When I first read of Only Restaurant...i thot the VTers were playing a prank...not to realise that indeed it was a very... more travel advice
Audrey118's Related Pages
Agra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Agra"
- "World of the Wonders"
- "Another Agra"
- "Agra - City of Taj Mahal and Agra Fort"
- "Red Fort"
- ">> eternal love of TAJ "
- See All...
- Things to Do in Agra
- Hotels in Agra
- Transportation in Agra
- Nightlife in Agra
- Restaurants in Agra
- Shopping in Agra
- Warnings and Dangers in Agra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Agra
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Agra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Agra
Photos in AgraSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 126 reviews, 126 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 106 reviews, 124 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Intro, 93 reviews, 126 photos, 5 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 94 reviews, 112 photos, 3 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 37 reviews, 130 photos, 4 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 59 reviews, 62 photos
- Audrey Intro, 39 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bay of Islands Intro, 48 reviews, 51 photos
- Rome Intro, 48 reviews, 37 photos
- Ayuthaya Intro, 42 reviews, 42 photos