"My Travel Passion not Obsession !!" Audrey118's Profile

Year 2007 Travels

Top Things To-Do List That Will Add Special Memories To A Trip

* Do Something Local - like going to the markets, or to the movies.

* Read the Local Daily

* Splurge On a One Grand Meal

* Have something by the roadside... but do it on your last day...so if you get sick - you be in the plane.

* BUY something to Take Home - make it a lifetime treasure

* Make a Difference in Someone's Life - be it popping your loose change at the many collection box, or collect all the hotel shampoos, cake of soaps, toothbrush kits and give to the needy...

2008 Travel Plans
March - Vientiane + Bangkok
May - Bangkok
June- London + France
September - Sweden
October - Australia

2007 TRAVEL March ~ Shanghai
March-April ~ Turkey - Istanbul-Troy-Ephesus-Kudasi-Antalya-Pamukale-Carpadoccia-Ankara
April - Penang
May-June ~ Nice-St Jean de Vence-Monte Carlo-Milan-Zermat-Geneva-Interlaken-Bern-Zurich-Basel
August ~ London-Bath
September ~ Rome-Napoli-Capri-Amalfi-Sorrento-Bari-Alberobello-Ostuni
October ~ Phuket
December ~ Macau

2006 Travels
Jan 2006 - Jan 21 - London for VT meet
Jan 23-30 - Lisboa to meet tere1, a2lopes and Sun-Spot
Apr 26-May 7 Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Bratislava And met up with Socrates
Jun 14-19 ~ Chiang Mai - complimentary of AirAsia 4th Anniversary !!!
Aug 4-9 ~ Macau - complimentary of AirAsia 4th Anniversary !!!
Sep 14-19 ~ Siem Reap and Phom Penh with p_yenyen - complimentary of AirAsia 4th Anniversary !!!
Oct 5-9 ~ Manila - complimentary of AirAsia 4th Anniversary !!! hopefully to catch up with VTers d_pepper.
Nov 11 - Bandung with my old schoolmates

Nov 18-20 Phuket for a VT blast
Dec 23-27 Bangkok

Year 2004 travel :
January - Kunming, Lijiang, Dali
March - early March to New Delhi with Sharrie, met up with VTer Radz, then to Jaipur and Agra.
mid March - Pangkor Laut with my nieces!!!
late March - Penang, Sungei Petani

Melaka (June),
Penang (July),
the Philippines in October and
New Zealand in November.

Year 2002 - Bangkok, Lisbon, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Singapore, Australia, Germany

Year 2001 - Bangkok, Australia, China, Hong Kong
Year 2000 - Bangkok, China, Hong Kong, Australia
Year 1999 - Hong Kong, China, Bangkok
Year 1998 - Hong Kong, China, Australia
Year 1997 - South Africa, Hong Kong
Year 1996 - Hong Kong, LAngeles, New York, Washington DC, Toronto
Year 1995 - Australia, Hong Kong

2004 ~ Snowy Mountain - Li Jiang, China

Jan 2004 - During the late January, to usher the Chinese New Year, my husband Seah and I spent a week in South of the Clouds, Yunnan,. travelling to the Spring City of Kunming and to Old City, Li Jiang. The most exciting part of my trip was the horseback ride up and down the snowy Jade Dragon Mountain!!! Frankly CNYear season is the WORST time to visit China, becos the entire country is on holidays, and the locals are also taking time to visit their vast country!!!

March 2004 ~ Taj Mahal with Sharrie

A very unplanned trip - we tried to bid for cheap fare during the annual MAS expo, but failed. But that did not dishearten us...we still went on and make headways to the Golden Triangle cities of the north, to New Delhi, Jaipur and leaving mystical Agra the last point.

VTer Sharrie gave me courage to travel to this part of the world. My husband tired from last trip to China, and also very unwilling to travel to another developing country, I am grateful to have been to India with Sharrie.

In our trip we also met up with VTer
Radz (she introduced us to a travel agent who arranged us a car and driver to travel for 7 days travel) at the Jami Mosque.

One should not miss the beautiful palaces in Jaipur, actually I cannot imagine the beauty of it in its hey days. It is a shame that a lack of fund is available to restore the majestic palaces to its glory.

March 2004 - Pangkor Laut with my favourite people

My favourite nieces treated me to a wonderful rest and relax complete with spa treatment at Pangkor Laut Resort, a private owned island, which famous tenor Pavorotti once said ...how beautiful God has made this paradise...

And again in August I went to Pangkor Laut with my Aussie mates who came specially to celebrate my birthday.

Sometime early April we also went off to Penang for a short trip. I managed to feast on my favourite fried Kuey teow, assam laksa etc

April 2004 - Auckland, Bay of Islands

I flew all the way for 4 nights for a birthday bash - my fren said she would be 90 years old already for all the birthday meals we had as we usher to her birthday on April 13.

It was indeed a very relaxing trip, we drove from the Auckland airport for 4 odd hours to get to Bay of Islands, fighting with other holiday makers during the Easter weekend, to Opua, and had a marvelous time at Cliffedge By The Sea, feasting on gourmet food cooked by chef Peter Meier and doing nothing but enjoying the lodge and the unparalleled view.

May 1st weekend was a horror drive from Kuala Lumpur to Melaka - it took us a hot and stressful drive, bumper to bumper 6 hours journey which normal took us no more than 2 hours. Nevertheless, it was a memorable trip, met up with VTer lanatir and feasted in his parents eatery - if you ever go there...write to him or me, for directions- best nyonya laksa...we went there 3 times!!!

May 17 2004 ~ To Russia with Love

I have always wanted to see all those onion shaped domes churches that is unique to Russia...and I finally have my dream came true.

We arrived Moscow and our journey from the airport to the city centre was just simply amazing; they have it all - all kinds of onion shaped domes...blue ones, blinding golden ones, pink ones as well....and the multi coloured ones...that looks almost like a lollie!!!

Of course I have to picture myself in front of the Church of Ressurection -it is to me, almost like standing in front of Taj Mahal!!!

Both the Russian cities that we visited (Moscow and SPb) had all my favourite - shopping for local crafts - wow - all those Russian nesting dolls, and yes yes lots of good food. It is just amazing the taste, freshness ...and all that culture. They serve the BEST Pork Knuckles, Pork chops, and also sturgeon fish with lots of fish eggs smoothered over it.

And there is so many churches, and also museums....NOW I cannot understand why I am not living in a country with so much to LIVE with.

July 2004 - winter in Victoria, Australia

During July I spent a couple of cold winter days at my best fren's home in Melbourne. As usual, we went to my favourite spot, Daylesford for more pottery shopping and also to Geelong to see the Bollards...will definetely like to go back to Queenscliffe, Port Londsdale next Easter to recharge and refuel!!!

Mid August - went to spend several nights with my soul mates at Pangkor Laut...

LATE AUGUST%*
Just got back from north Vietnam. We arrived Hanoi, and checked out the local scene, you must see the water puppets and walk around the Old Quarters and not forget to eat all those pho and niem. What was the best part of the trip was the very cheap shopping.
We also went for an overnight cruise to Unesco World Heritage site Halong Bay....it was indeed a very short trip but very very relaxing. oooooh...i fell in love with Vietnam, and i am considering a comeback 2005 Chinese New Year....

Mid October
We went to Frankfurt to burn some frequent flyers points, and spent a mere 4 nights. It was fantastic, albeit very exhausting. We went to Mainz and Gelnhaussen - the German train network is simply amazing.... Also ate lots of pork chop, knuckles, ham, and drank lots of applewine, and big time shopping for nice handbags!!!

Singapore for A day-
Took the first flight in and last flight out of Singapore. ..... wonderful Xmas light display on Orchard Road...the best in many years...looks like economy is picking up. Did nothing much, besides feasting on my favourite food - my Chatterbox chicken rice and seafood kuey teow...something I ate since I was a kid at the same spot!!! hahahha. I have picture sof myself there since a young teenager!!! And had to doggy back some wife biscuit for my husband!!!

Dec 2004 - Hong Kong to visit some old school mates, and then perhaps to take day trips to outlying islands like Peng Chau or Cheung Chau or Tai O..... and of course, buy myself a new pair of shoes for Xmas!!! Or course I will not resist the best fish balls, best century eggs, best pork chop rice over vege rice, best best best roast goose ...the list goes on

VT Bonding!!!

AUDREY VT Meets

VT members that I have met
2rs in Shanghai
yellowcab in Manila
yurijade in KL
zender in KL

• Intro Updated Mar 15, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Audrey118's Profile Photo

Audrey118

“next stop - Stockholm and Riga”

Real Name