"Chur by Night and Day..." Top 5 Page for this destination Chur by Tripack
Chur Travel Guide: 105 reviews and 376 photos
Chur is also said to be the city with the longest settlement history north of the Alps (pop: 35'000). Locals ensure me that it is the oldest city in Switzerland as the city actually dates back to 9,000 BC!
The Old City is quite extensive with many pleasant pedestrian streets and many historical buildings. More than 300 stores and shops all concentrated in this area, which keep the city center lively. The nighlife is also concentrated there along the Untere Gasse and Welschdorfli.
One thing which surpise me is the size of the 800-year old Chur Cathedral compare to the St Martin's Church (the one on the picture). I have learnt that 41% of the inhabitants of the diocesan town of Chur are Protestant, which explained this fact.
Chur is located to a strategic corner of the Alps and surrounded by the Calanda (on the picture), Pizokel and Mittenberg mountains
If you are planning to explore the Graubünden (Andermatt, Chur, Bad Ragaz, Davos, St Moritz, Klosters, Bernina Pass,... more travel advice
Experience the Glacier Express Train trip through the Swiss Alps from St Moritz to Zermatt. A panoramic trip through... more travel advice
Tripack's Related Pages
Chur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The oldest town in Switzerland"
- "Chur by Night and Day..."
- "Chur - a pleasant surprise"
- "Chur.....just for the night"
- "Chur - one of the oldest cities in Switzerland."
- "A Charming Pause"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chur
- Hotels in Chur
- Transportation in Chur
- Nightlife in Chur
- Restaurants in Chur
- Warnings and Dangers in Chur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chur
- 13 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Chur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chur
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 88 reviews, 168 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 76 reviews, 170 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 36 reviews, 68 photos
- Sydney Intro, 30 reviews, 70 photos
- Gozo Intro, 18 reviews, 79 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Karlsruhe Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues