Geneva Transportation Tips by Tripack Top 5 Page for this destination
Geneva Transportation: 90 reviews and 99 photos
Easyjet landing to Geneva
Geneva is the main Swiss platform for Easyjet. You could flight for cool prices from/to :
- Belgium (Brussels)
- Czech Republic (Prague)
- France (Paris Orly, Nice, Bordeaux)
- Germany (Berlin Schoenefeld, Hamburg)
- Great Britain (Birmingham***, Bournemouth, Bristol, Edimbourg, Glasgow, Liverpool, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Newcastle, Nottingham East Midlands)
- Hungary (Budapest)
- Italy (Rome Ciampino, Olbia Sardinia, Cagliari)
- Irland (Belfast Intl)
- Morocco (Marrakech) - NEW operating from October 30th 2007
- Netherlands (Amsterdam)
- Portugal (Lisboa, Porto)
- Spain (Alicante, Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga, Ibiza, Palma de Majorque)
- Las Palmas (Gran Canaria) - NEW operating from October 30th 2007
*** NEW operating from December 14th 2007
For more low cost airlines to/from Switzerland, have a look to this interesting website >>> Flight for less to Switzerland
So no excuse by saying Switzerland is too expensive... at least not for the flights tickets ;-)
Flybaboo is a Geneva based regional airline opertaing with three Dash 8 Q300 (50 seats).
This small company launched in 2003 offers interesting prices for these destinations:
* seasonal flights
This particular airlines offer interesting last minute single leg fares for Seniors (over the age of 65) and Juniors (2-25 y.o.).
Geneva offers an extensive public transports network named TPG. A good way to travel around Geneva without stress. The City is currently building a new tram line to Meyrin-CERN to solve the traffic congestion (2006-08).
Driving by cars inside the city could be tricky due to traffic jam during peaks hours, to find a car park (quite expensive) or as you need to own a special pass (only available for inhabitant areas) to stay in blue park zone.
Which ticket to choose (NB: automatic ticket machine don't give change):
- The One hour ticket for CHF 3.-
- The 9AM - Midnight card for CHF 7.- to travel freely from 9 a.m. to midnight
- Special Tourist 24 hours card for CHF 10.- for unlimited number of journeys. SA-SU valid for 2 passengers at full fare.
- Special Tourist 48 hours card for CHF 20.-
- Special Tourist 72 hours card for CHF 30.-
The tourist card can be obtained from unireso vendors and is also available at :
- the airport counter
- authorised hotels
- The Tourism Office.
Reduction available for kids, Swiss Half card...
GOOD NEWS : since 2007, all visitors staying at a hotel, youth hostel or camping in Geneva can benefit from the Geneva Transport Card, with no additional cost. This personal and non-transferable pass is established upon the visitor’s check-in in the hotel, youth hostel or camping of his (her) choice, enabling its holder to use of the entire public transportation network without restriction (bus, train and boat), with validity for the entire duration of his (her) stay including the departure day.
All info about Free Geneva Transport Card
Cointrin Airport by Tripackair
Geneva Airport is approximately 6km from the city centre.
How to travel to/from the airport :
- By bus : TPG (Geneva Public Transport) bus stops are situated at the departures and arrivals levels. Bus Number 10 goes to the city centre every 10 minutes. Bus Number 18 goes to the UN building every 30 minutes. You can purchase tickets from the machines at the bus stops (please have the correct amount, machines don't give change!). Ticket costs CHF 3.- (60min).
- By rail : the underground rail station is located 300m from the airport departures and arrivals levels. All trains stop at Geneva-Cornavin (city centre). The journey takes about 5 minutes, and costs from CHF 3.-.
- By taxi : the journey to the city centre will cost between CHF 30-35.
1ST GOOD NEWS : from 2008, Geneva International Airport will be offering every passenger arriving in Geneva a UNIRESO ticket free of charge, valid for 80 minutes in Geneva public tranportation. A ticket machine is installed for that purpose in the baggage reclaim hall. In the event of a ticket inspection on the network, anyone holding this type of ticket will have to show they have an air ticket proving they arrived in Geneva on that day.
2ND GOOD NEWS : since 2007, all visitors staying at a hotel, youth hostel or camping in Geneva can benefit from the Geneva Transport Card, with no additional cost. This personal and non-transferable pass is established upon the visitor’s check-in in the hotel, youth hostel or camping of his (her) choice, enabling its holder to use of the entire public transportation network without restriction (bus, train and boat), with validity for the entire duration of his (her) stay including the departure day.
If waiting your flight, I highly recommend to have a drink or a light meal to the Zoulou bar (level 2), you could enjoy a great view on the tarmac and less crowed bar. The Follow-me in front of the Post office (arrival level) is another good and quiet address if you are waiting someone at the airport.
Phone: +41 22 717 71 11
More Reviews (32)
- See All Pour une nuit d'ivresse...
- See All Geneva Festival - Fêtes de Genève
- See All Where to eat???
- See All Outdoor Ice Skating in the Heart of...
- See All Cheap accodomation for Summertime
Tripack's Related Pages
Geneva Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Le songe d'une nuit d'été"
- "Geneva by Trip@ck"
- "diplomats, scientists and watch makers!"
- "An international crossroads"
- "Home of the America's Cup"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Geneva
- Hotels in Geneva
- Transportation in Geneva
- Nightlife in Geneva
- Restaurants in Geneva
- Shopping in Geneva
- Warnings and Dangers in Geneva
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Geneva
- 36 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 42 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Geneva?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Geneva
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 88 reviews, 168 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 76 reviews, 170 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 36 reviews, 68 photos
- Sydney Intro, 30 reviews, 70 photos
- Gozo Intro, 18 reviews, 79 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Karlsruhe Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Le Jet d'Eau- 43 Reviews, 76 Photos
- Flower Clock- 24 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Lake Boat Trips- 12 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Old Town- 15 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Cathédrale Saint-Pierre- 32 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Lac Léman - Lake Geneva- 16 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Old Arsenal- 10 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Jardin Anglais- 11 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Basilica of Our Lady Notre Dame- 7 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Palais des Nations- 5 Reviews, 13 Photos
See All Geneva Things to Do