Montreux Transportation Tips by Tripack Top 5 Page for this destination
Montreux Transportation: 9 reviews and 19 photos
GoldenExpress in Winter
One of the most scenic railway trough the Swiss Alps from Montreux - Chateau d'Oex - Gstaad - Zweisimmen - Interlaken - Bruenig Pass - Luzern or vice versa.
The particularity of this train is that you could enjoy VIP seats located in the front of the train offering the same view as the conductor's. Leaving Montreux, the line rises above Lake Geneva allowing a full view of the magnificent landscape of the Lake Region as it spreads out. At Jaman, it plunges through a tunnel into the mountains, changing valleys and heading for the world famous resorts of Chateaux d'Oex and Gstaad. The line attains its culminating point (1,274m) before reaching Zweisimmen, from where the traveller can continue the trip with the GoldenPass Panoramic towards Interlaken and Lucerne.
Rochers-de-Naye. You will reach Rochers-de-Naye (2045 m) after a pleasant journey in less than an hour aboard on a rack railway train. There you could enjoy a breathtaking panorama at the summit on the Alps and Lac Léman (Lake Geneva).
TIP: Take one of the 2 last trains going to the Rochers-de-Naye you will pay only :
Full fare: CHF 36.- instead of CHF 55.- (July-September)or CHF 49.- (low season)
Half fare card: CHF 18.- instead of CHF 36.-.
Valid until October 30 2005.
Recommended timetable (July-August) Montreux dep. 17h46, Rochers-de-Naye arr. 18h41. Rochers-de-Naye dep. 19h46 (last train), Montreux arr. 20h41
More Reviews (11)
Tripack's Related Pages
Montreux Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE SWISS RIVIERA"
- "The Swiss Riviera"
- "Montreux – "Wild Twin" on Lake Geneva"
- "Montreux on Lake Geneva"
- "A Castle and a Queen"
- "A Couple of Days in Montreux"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montreux
- Hotels in Montreux
- Transportation in Montreux
- Nightlife in Montreux
- Restaurants in Montreux
- Warnings and Dangers in Montreux
- See All...
Explore the World
- Can Tho Hotels
- Fern Tree Gully Hotels
- Penzberg Hotels
- Otok Solta
- County Louth Hotels
Badges & Stats in Montreux
- 13 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Montreux?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montreux
- Posted in Travel Brig Forum "Re: Car Shuttle Train"
- Commented on one of sue_stone's Montreux travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Summer Jazzy Nights: Montreux Jazz Festival"
- updated a Montreux Travelogue "Rochers de Naye Train in Winter"
- Wrote a Review Panoramic view on Lake Geneva and the Alps in Montreux Transportation
Photos in MontreuxSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 88 reviews, 168 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 76 reviews, 169 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 36 reviews, 68 photos
- Sydney Intro, 30 reviews, 70 photos
- Gozo Intro, 18 reviews, 79 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Karlsruhe Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (138)
Latest Montreux hotel reviews
- Best Western Eurotel Riviera Montreux
- 144 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Hotel Splendid
- 217 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Jugendherberge Montreux-Territet
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Fairmont Le Montreux Palace
- 326 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Hotel Royal Plaza Montreux
- 185 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2013
- Hotel Helvetie
- 118 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Golf-Hotel Rene Capt
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013