"Rapperswil - Swiss VT capital for one day ;-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Rapperswil by Tripack

Rapperswil Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 304 photos

Rapperswil in St-Gallen Canton was our destination for this Summer Swiss VT meeting. The happy VTer's barbskie, Dyesebel, HORSCHECK, JamesWtc Tripack and yumyum were the host of this lovely city for a relaxing day trip from Zürich.

We met each other in the main railway station @ Zürich. We walked in the famous Bahnhofstrasse and visit the Old city. Up to the Lindenhof square to get a panoramic view on Zürich and the Limmat river. On the way to the harbor, a quick stop to the Roman Baths dated around the 1st century A.D but not in use anymore... Another stop to discover the stunning stained glass windows designed by Marc Chagall in The Fraumünster church.

Dyesebel advice me some top class hotel just in case I missed my last train: the Widder Hotel or the Hotel zum Storchen. We were also tempt by some bargains on the street market held on every Saturday at the Flohmarkt am Bürkliplatz. Around noon we reached the pier ready tp board for a cruise on the Zürich Lake. On board the happy VTer's had lunch before relaxing and gossiping about the last VT news. After eating some fruity teddy bears as dessert, we reached the lovely Rapperswil after cruising for 1h45mn.

The following tips will resume the discovery of this interesting medieval city by the Swiss VT team...

Have also a look to the other Rapperswil pages :
* Rapperswil, the city of roses by barbskie
* Town of Roses by Dyesebel

• Last visit to Rapperswil: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 7, 2008

• davesut's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Thanks for the birthday wishes, looking forward to being back in Switzerland in April

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Sounds like a wonderful day trip Patrick! Love the two birds at the fountain pic :o) I've saved the tip! Hugs xx

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2009 at 3:35 AM

Sounds like an historical and fun place for a VT meeting! Thank you for the great tips.

• loisl's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2008 at 5:37 AM

Hi Patrick, to bad I missed the Rapperswil meeting, so close to my hometown. Thanks for visiting my Phuket page. Peter

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2008 at 12:58 AM

Thats an excellent page about a place that I often passed by without knowing what I missed there ! Next time I will make a stop for sure !

• Dyesebel's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Did I really spend a lot in the garden;);)?! Ok,got to go now,getting sleepy infront of my pc;) gudnght and sweet dreams!

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2008 at 5:23 PM

Wow great and funny page! you have managed to make me laugh again :D hey, i never know there are two Rapperswil, so thanks for this tip .thanks for plugging my page too :)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2008 at 2:29 PM

Patrick, fabulous page about a fantastic meeting. Especially your "Warning and Dangers" Tip is most amusing. So very well done. :-)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2008 at 10:05 AM

Haha, very funny page! Good work and soooo quick! It really was an excellent trip and we missed you terribly on Uetliberg.

Tripack

“Travel! Where else?”

Badges & Stats in Rapperswil

Have you been to Rapperswil?