"Ischgl - the Alpine Ibiza" Ischgl by Tripack
Ischgl Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 197 photos
Ischgl, the Alpine Ibiza!
Let’s dance! No let’s ski before the after skiing session (après-ski)!
From Ischgl I took the 4km long Silvrettabahn (a 10 passenger funitel cable car) to reach Idalp at 2320 meters asl. There you will discover brand new skilifts (up to 8 seats chairlifts...) and slopes everywhere. Keep going up to reach the Austria-Swiss border (do not forget your ID card...) at around 2800m asl. Then ski downhill on the Swiss side in te Saumnau skiing area (by the way a tax free zone).
My favorite area was around the Greitspitz (2872m) and Palinkopf (2864) mountains as many black and red slopes are located there. Go back to Ischgl before 4PM to avoid the dangerous skiers traffic jam... to begin your Après ski pub crawl!
As they said: Relax, if you can!!!
Surprising sign on the Höllspitzbahn... it saying that if you are drunk you will be not allow to take this chairlift...... more travel advice
Do not to forget to relax after your great skiing day... Choose a sunny terrace with confortable armchair, nice... more travel advice
Tripack's Related Pages
Ischgl Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ischgl - the never ending party"
- "Ischgl - the Alpine Ibiza"
- "The Good old Austrian (Apres) Ski village"
- "Happy but tired"
- "It's all downhill in the Alps"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ischgl
- Hotels in Ischgl
- Transportation in Ischgl
- Nightlife in Ischgl
- Restaurants in Ischgl
- Shopping in Ischgl
- Warnings and Dangers in Ischgl
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ischgl
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Ischgl?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ischgl
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 88 reviews, 168 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 76 reviews, 170 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 36 reviews, 68 photos
- Sydney Intro, 30 reviews, 70 photos
- Gozo Intro, 18 reviews, 79 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Karlsruhe Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues