Switzerland Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Tripack Top 5 Page for this destination
Switzerland Warnings and Dangers: 61 reviews and 64 photos
Hand baggage forbidden items
Keep your brand new Swiss knife or corkscrew safe before taking your flight...
In Switzerland alone, more than 12'000 objects are left behind on the ground each year. Instead of ending up at their holidays destination, they end up in the rubbish bin. This is a nuisance and acn get a holiday off to a really bad start or even delay it. So make sure about what you can and can not take on board an aircraft.
Hazardous items grouped by items or product groups:
Sharp and pointed objects
Fireworks and flares
Soda syphon cartridges
Gas or petrol stoves
Gas, petrol and paraffin lamps
Drinks bottles, petrol canisters and petrol pumps
Paint, caustic solutions and acids
Have a look on this website to know the current Swiss road situation. Road information about traffic jams, roadworks and mobile road radars...
Speed limits are 50 km/h inside town, 80 km/h outside and 120 km/h on motorway.
Tripack in extreme conditions = -25°C or -13°F !!!
Chi va piano, va sano e va lontano... (Who goes slowly, goes safetly, goes far)
If you are planning to discover our Swiss Alps, don't forget to acclimatize before going on up to the rnountains. Please bear in mind that you need plenty of fluids and time to acclimatize when you are at an altitude of over 9,840 feet / 3'000 meters.
You will avoid headaches or dizzy feelings.
Warm clothing, a windproof jacket and solid footwear are a must, whatever the time of year. And, of course, don’t forget your sunglasses, sun cream and your cap/hat at these high altitudes.
Keep in mind that weather conditions could change quiet quickly at these high altitudes.
NB: Survival photo taken on The Klein Matterhorn (3'800m) in March 2005.
The Glion tunnels are located on the A9 motorway between Montreux and Villeneuve.
The road works will last until November 2005 and will be divided into two phases, each corresponding to one of the tubes being closed and therefore requiring two-way traffic in the remaining open tube.
"Mountain" tube closed from April the 18th to November 2005, two-way traffic in "lake" tube.
Try to avoid to drive in this area during the peak hours especially Friday evening between 16h-20h (direction Vaud -> Valais) and Sunday evening (direction VS -> VD) between 16h-20h (forcast a delay of one hour) or choose the train for a more relaxing travel.
Keep in mind that for a Swiss who is blocked more than 20 minutes in a traffic jam that's a nightmare...
If you're going skiing/surfing off-piste. Please respect the local regulations and read the avalanche bullettins.
In case of emergency call 117
Danger of drowning
Danger of drowning.
In a few seconds, a quiet river can turn into a deadly torrent.
Water spillages are unpredictable. They can occur:
- even on a clear day and during summer
- round the clock on every day of the year
Water spillages occur downstream of water intakes, dams and hydroelectric stations and production basins:
- in the beds of torrents (even when dry) and in gorges indicated by a signpost
- from 400 to 2,800 m of altitude several kilometres downstream of the hydroelectric facilities
Attention! The hydroelectric facilities are often invisible (underground or too far away). Follow the warning signboards and inquire with the communal and cantonal waterway authorities!
Any person standing in or by the river could be taken by surprise by the rise of the water, sapped by the strength of the current, plastered against the rocks and finally swept away. This danger is even greater in the gorges.
More Reviews (82)
- See All Nothing to do... just relax...
- See All A Swiss Lunchtime Nap: eat and sleep...
- See All Visit the longest railtunnel in the...
- See All Music on the Alps
- See All Specialities of the Valais
- See All Wine tasting exhibition for Valais...
- See All Swiss made luxury
- See All Experience an Igloo night
- See All Public transport automats don't give...
- Useful gear to discover the Swiss...
- See All Explore Swiss Alps with our Swiss Post...
- See All Swiss Snow Paradise...
Tripack's Related Pages
Switzerland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Switzerland was my home for more than 5 years"
- "Switzerland like a dream..."
- "Welcome to the Heart of The Alps"
- "The Heart of Europe"
- "I love Switzerland - and all their cable-cars!"
- "VT Meeting Party for Janet"
- "First-Bachalpsee- First_Tour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Switzerland
- Hotels in Switzerland
- Transportation in Switzerland
- Nightlife in Switzerland
- Restaurants in Switzerland
- Shopping in Switzerland
- Warnings and Dangers in Switzerland
- See All...
Explore the World
- Meridian Hotels
- Selva di Val Gardena Hotels
- Piltown Hotels
- Estado de Colima
- Ko Khai Nok Hotels
- Beggars and Cons
- Jacó Warnings and Dangers
- Gdansk Warnings and Dangers
- Nigeria Warnings and Dangers
- Bohol Warnings and Dangers
- Perth Warnings and Dangers
- Kodaikanal Warnings and Dangers
- Lusaka Warnings and Dangers
- Medan Warnings and Dangers
- Gallup Warnings and Dangers
- Mamallapuram Warnings and Dangers
- Minnesota Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Switzerland
- 406 Reviews
- 859 Photos
- 155 Forum posts
- 25 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Switzerland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Switzerland
- Posted in Travel Switzerland Forum "Re: Ski in June"
- updated a Switzerland Travel Page "Welcome to the Heart of The Alps"
- Commented on one of DAO's Switzerland travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Highest weight dam in the world..."
- Wrote a Review Nothing to do... just relax... in Switzerland Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 88 reviews, 168 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 76 reviews, 169 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 36 reviews, 68 photos
- Sydney Intro, 30 reviews, 70 photos
- Gozo Intro, 18 reviews, 79 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Karlsruhe Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
Top Switzerland hotels
- Geneva Hotels
- 980 Reviews - 2075 Photos
- Lucerne Hotels
- 946 Reviews - 2697 Photos
- Zürich Hotels
- 1859 Reviews - 5529 Photos
- Interlaken Hotels
- 506 Reviews - 1355 Photos
- Lausanne Hotels
- 345 Reviews - 879 Photos
- Zermatt Hotels
- 535 Reviews - 1494 Photos
- Beatenberg Hotels
- 1 Review - 1 Photo
- Lugano Hotels
- 390 Reviews - 1036 Photos
- Basel Hotels
- 483 Reviews - 1348 Photos
- Engelberg Hotels
- 78 Reviews - 491 Photos
- Lauterbrunnen Hotels
- 262 Reviews - 779 Photos
- Bern Hotels
- 591 Reviews - 1806 Photos
- Cointrin Hotels
- 4 Hotels
- Montreux Hotels
- 123 Reviews - 414 Photos
- Grindelwald Hotels
- 190 Reviews - 607 Photos