Denia Things to Do Tips by Tripack Top 5 Page for this destination
Denia Things to Do: 35 reviews and 47 photos
The Dénia's castle, with Arab remains, is well worth a visit, along with other monuments and museums showing the history of the city, as well its archaeological and ethnic history.
From the highest point there is a magnificent panoramic view of the local area. It is the setting for numerous cultural events.
Admission fee applied except for Dénia citizens
Summer 10AM to 1:30PM, siesta and 3PM to 9PM
Winter 10AM to 1:30PM, siesta and 3PM to 6PM
Address: Calle San Francisco
Les Rotes (Arenetes) view by sea
I divide my tips in multiple sections as the Mediterranean Sea in Dénia offers many opportunities:
You will find kilometers of fine "white" sand, I personnaly enjoy 3 specific beaches:
- Les Rotes: nice quiet creeks. Be aware that it is a rock beach and a great spot for snorkeling. There is also a naturist beach. For any hunger head to the Mena for an excellent seafood meal.
- Punta Raset: easily accessible on foot and wheel chair friendly from the town and often crowed. Not shallow at all better for beach activities as volleyball, football than swimming.
-Els Molins: a pleasant and less crowed beach esssentially frequented by residence hosts. A nice snorkelling spot is just to the right of the surveillance "Baywatch" tower.
All main beaches have efficient beach bars, sun-beds and shades to rent (2 sun-beds + shade around 10 eur for a day) and pedalos.
A brand new complex just open in 2005 which convert the Marina in a lively place during the evening. Many shops, bars, nightclubs and restaurants will welcome you. I particular appreciate the relaxing terrace for the sunset of the Giorgio & Enrico club (I think I went there on the opening day as many workers were around but the bar was already on duty ;-)
Usually I prefer warmer waters with corals to dive, but it is always pleasant to refresh my scuba diver feelings here. I dive on two site Cabo San Martin and Cabo de la Nona. To avoid a longer sea travel try to start from Javea more closer to the main diving spots.
You could rent an boat or catamaran or enjoy a quick cruise to Javea or Calpe. Ferries are also available from Denia to Ibiza, Palma or Formentera.
Enjoy your seaside stay and do not forget the suncream ;-)
Address: Costa Blanca
A natural scenery
Montgó Nature Reserve is located between Denia and Javea. The park includes a coastal section that covers over 3 kilometres and is a peferct area to do some hikings. The tourist information center offer an useful booklet available in Spanish, English, French and German for differents hiking routes from 2.6 to 9.6 km and various difficulty levels.
As you could see on my picture, the geological composition of this reserve is characterized by cretaceous materials. On the lower parts of it, marl and marlaceous lime abound, while the escarpments are formed by compact limestone. Its flora includes kermes oak groves dotted with mastic trees and rhamnnus alaternus, as well as Mediterranean scrub.
Directions: Parque Natural de El Montgó, 2.3 km from Jaume I place in Dénia.
More Reviews (8)
Tripack's Related Pages
Denia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rachels Denia Page"
- "¡Viva Espana!"
- "Closest city to Palma de Mallorca and Ibiza"
- "A nice town"
- "Denia the new home"
- "Denia, Costa Blanca, Spain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Denia
- Hotels in Denia
- Transportation in Denia
- Nightlife in Denia
- Restaurants in Denia
- Shopping in Denia
- Warnings and Dangers in Denia
- See All...
Explore the World
- San Juan Hotels
- Zell am See
- Spokane Hotels
- Pulau Langkawi
- Fujairah Hotels
- Porur Hotels
Badges & Stats in Denia
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Denia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Denia
Photos in DeniaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 88 reviews, 168 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 76 reviews, 169 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 29 reviews, 110 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Geneva Intro, 36 reviews, 68 photos
- Sydney Intro, 30 reviews, 70 photos
- Gozo Intro, 18 reviews, 79 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 21 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 28 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Karlsruhe Intro, 18 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Denia hotel reviews
- Port Denia
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Los Angeles Hotel Denia
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 31, 2012
- Ogisaka Garden
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Hotel Oasis
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2012
- Marriott Denia La Sella Golf Resort & Spa
- 136 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Hotel Rosa
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Bahia Azul
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Costa Blanca
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2012